Find
Notify
Tools

Leif Wold
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted
I received the following e-mail from one Leif Wold sent to the e-mail address I use for the Accurate Reloading forum:

"I hope you don't take offense in my sudden approach. I took a trip this week to Edinburgh, Scotland and was attacked and robbed. My belongings including my cash, credit card and cell phones were all stolen. I've made contact with my bank but the best they can do is to mail me a new card which will take 4 working days to arrive here, am currently concluding my documentation at the embassy so i can fly out. I need you to lend me some funds to settle some bills.

Please let me know if you can assist me in anyway so i can forward you details to effect a transfer. You can reach me via email or the hotel's desk phone.

Waiting for your mail.

Thanks,

Leif"

Just curious; has anyone else received a similar e-mail?

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
Aaahhgg shaaammeee! the poor bugger needs a little cash. There, there, be a good man and help him out, go on. Big Grin Roll Eyes

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
These sort of emails are doing the rounds all the time.

Just ignore it.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68685 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of donner
posted Hide Post
hmm sounds like a Norwegian name....

Rauma Hunting and Fishing Safaris
www.rauma-jakt-fiskesafari.no

Posts: 619 | Location: åndalsnes Norway | Registered: 05 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I received the same crap a while back, same message.
Even had one from a supposed minister of finance from Pakistan not long ago wanting help will a cajillion dollar problem, just needed my banking info to send it to me.
NOPE!

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andrew McLaren
posted Hide Post
Actually Leif Wold hails [IIRC] from Colorado and has been an AR member for a long time. He was the winner of the Infinito 2011 Archery Free Hunt. So he does have some track record here.

I do understand that when one suddenly finds oneself in a real smelly situation as he describes in a foreign country that you will send a mail message to all that you happen to have an e-mail address of and make a plea for help. Desperate times calls for desperate measures!

In good hunting.

Andrew McLaren
Professional Hunter and Hunting Outfitter since 1974.

http://www.mclarensafaris.com The home page to go to for custom planning of ethical and affordable hunting of plains game in South Africa!
Enquire about any South African hunting directly from andrew@mclarensafaris.com

After a few years of participation on forums, I have learned that:

One can cure:

Lack of knowledge – by instruction. Lack of skills – by practice. Lack of experience – by time doing it.

One cannot cure:

Stupidity – nothing helps! Anti hunting sentiments – nothing helps! Put-‘n-Take Outfitters – money rules!

My very long ago ancestors needed and loved to eat meat. Today I still hunt!

Posts: 1799 | Location: Soutpan, Free State, South Africa | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ChrisTroskie
posted Hide Post
IGNORE IT!!! Some sod obviously hacked into Leif's email account... Happens all the time.

Regards,

Chris Troskie
Tel. +27 82 859-0771
email. chris@ct-safaris.com
Sabrisa Ranch Ellisras RSA
www.ct-safaris.com
https://youtu.be/4usXceRdkH4

Posts: 851 | Location: Sabrisa Ranch Limpopo Province - South Africa | Registered: 03 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of leopards valley safaris
posted Hide Post
I get roughly 5-10 e-mails a day about long lost relative that have died, or business oportunities or some guy has gaddaffis billions and needs help to get them out etc etc etc.

I even got an e-mail from a past client that stated the similar as above, with banking details for a wire transfer. I phoned him to find out if all was well, and was told his laptop had been stolen.

Something personal like that will be done by phone...... in a word SCAM

Dave Davenport
Outfitters license HC22/2012EC
Pro Hunters license PH74/2012EC
www.leopardsvalley.co.za
dave@leopardsvalley.co.za
+27 42 24 61388
HUNT AFRICA WHILE YOU STILL CAN
Follow us on FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/#!/leopardsvalley.safaris

Posts: 980 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 06 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
It is a scam, beware.

~Ann

Posts: 19551 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
I knew it was a scam but I though it strange that it would be sent to an e-mail address that I ONLY use on Accurate Reloading.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jorge400
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Adventures:
It is a scam, beware.

Now, now, now, let's not be too hasty. Andrew has a good point. He is likely in peril and while it might be risky for one person to send him a few grand, if a few hundred of us members send $5 or $10 what's the harm? Just forward the money to me and I will stick my neck out and see that he gets out of trouble. Wink

"...Africa. I love it, and there is no reason for me to explore why. She affects some people that way, and those who feel as I do need no explanation." from The Last Safari

Posts: 839 | Location: Greensboro, Georgia USA | Registered: 17 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jorge
The checks in the mail.
I didn't know how much to make it out for so I just sighned it & sent it on. Hope that's OK.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
They are usually hung in Nigeria. Roll Eyes

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Isn't Leif the guy that wanted to hunt elephant with Buzz after he found out Ivan was booked?Smiler

Posts: 725 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana1
posted Hide Post
I'll ask my Nigerian banker to help him out......

Posts: 795 | Location: Vero Beach, Florida | Registered: 03 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Vemo
posted Hide Post
My gmail account was hacked by a sikh from the Juba district of Mumbai. Maybe an indian adventure is in order.. nothing sinister, just a little turban twisting.
Check your passwords everyone! Took me 3 entire days to straighten this out. Right in the middle of tax season no less.

JOIN SCI!

Posts: 318 | Location: 40N,105W | Registered: 01 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Something similar happened to me last August. Some POS hacked into my Facebook account and then sent an email to everyone in my 'friends' network, over 400 people. Most knew right away that it was a scam, but I was surprised at how many tried to contact me to see if I truly was in trouble and how they could help. That first day, I got over 50 phone calls from friends wanting to confirm that I was OK, and that I was not stuck in Spain. Months later I still hear from people who recall that episode and ask if it really was a scam.

It was a royal pain in the ass. To this day, I cannot access my Facebook account, and Facebook has been worthless when it comes to assistance.

I wonder how often these POS criminals get money? I'll bet a lot more often, and a lot more money, than we'd like to believe. Which brings a thought about how to raise the funds to get for a 21 day hunt in Tanzania.... Wink

Posts: 3901 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote