THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Where for best chance of sucess ????

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where for best chance of sucess ????
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'm looking for a safari, Namibia probably, for three trophies.....leopard, a 55"+ kudu and a bull gemsbok at least close t0 40".

Given this which safari company(s) (PH) would have the best chance of being able to fulfill these expectations.

DB Bill aka Bill George

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
I'd look to Dirk DeBod for the Kudu and Gemsbok, and ask him about bringing in a South African Houndsman.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
I'd have to second using dogs there if you really want the leopard.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
Vaughan Fulton has a quite an operation there. I can speak to the quality of his gemsbok, several hunters have taken dandy kudu, and I know he hunts leopards. I know nothing of his success with the cats, though I recall several here on AR have hunted them.

Posts: 3301 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DesertRam:
Vaughan Fulton has a quite an operation there. I can speak to the quality of his gemsbok, several hunters have taken dandy kudu, and I know he hunts leopards. I know nothing of his success with the cats, though I recall several here on AR have hunted them.

Maybe I need to expand my prior comment. I hunted leopard with Vaughn's Classic Safaris, although I hunted with Gert van der Walt, who works with Vaughan and has been hunting leopards in Namibia for several years. We had as many as four cats on different baits at one time, if I recall correctly. However, we were not able to get one on the bait in daylight. The next hunter did take a leopard. If a leopard is really important to you and you are hunting in Namibia, then I think the dogs will significantly increase your chances of success. It is a matter of personal preference and not how I wanted to hunt, but it is an exciting hunt and does improve your chances.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote