New
Find
Notify
Tools

Importable trophies
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I know each country has their own quirks as to what is not importable. Please chime in with what you know is not importable as a trophy in your country.

I am specifically interested in Canada and New Zealand, but always interesting to hear what others have to live with.

I am pretty sure Leopard are not importable in Australia.

USFW in its illustrious opinion believes it to be better equipped to make decisions about African wildlife than the African countries themselves(CITES), and therefore has a long list of not importable to the US list:
Brown Hyena
Cheetah
Forest Elephant
Elephant and Hippo from Mozambique.
Leopard from Ethiopia(even though they get a LARGE CITES quota)
Black Faced Impala
Polar Bear(not Africa but still not importable)

Any others for the USA?

And what about where you live?

DSC
SCI Life
NRA Life
WSF Life <1 Club

Posts: 177 | Location: Bitterroot Valley, MT | Registered: 02 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
Canada……..

As I understand it we follow CITES rulings and their appendix lists. We don't make up a list of our own like the USFWS………. after all that was the purpose of CITES in the first place.

This is why we can import cheetah, etc. (your list) as sport trophies from countries with an approved CITES quota.

Just think how wonderful things would be for US hunters if the USFWS just minded their own business, worried about the US and followed the decisions made by CITES.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1849 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just think how wonderful things would be for US hunters if the USFWS just minded their own business, worried about the US and followed the decisions made by CITES.

That would require common sense & deny some bureaucrats the authority to make themselves important & arrogant.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote