Find
Notify
Tools

1st time in the bush
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Dear all,
I have just been asked and do some culling at a five star lodge all expenses paid.
This game lodge is only a 20 minute ride from my house and the owner just happens to be my boss.
With the good rains this year and zero predation on the game, he has been told by his consultants that he is already over capacity and that some of his surplus animals need to be culled.
It is normally a tourist venue with the only shooting allowed is with a camera.
I am taking my younger son along with me as this cull is not going to be a traditional walk and stalk hunt.
He is only three but he loves his toy guns and I thought this would be an ideal oppurtunity to introduce him to hunting as he does winge when his elder brother comes with us and he is made to stay home.
I am taking his nanny with and my wife is joining us also , although my wife is not a hunter,she wants to spend time at the lodge and relax. So if I do run into problems I can take my son back to his mom.
I know that this is not a conventional hunt but I will still post a report on my return.

Posts: 228 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 25 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Zambian, sounds like you are both in for a great time. Take the camera anyway and take lots of after photos. Would be nice to see some of a green Africa anyway and your results.

Posts: 19169 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Could I be your gun bearer or backup gun..
Some guys get all the fun...

Mike

Posts: 6767 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote