New
Find
Notify
Tools

Interesting Elephant Photos
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted

Posts: 67022 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
I suppose it depends on which side of the fence you are on, but in reading the old elephant hunting books, the farmers/game depts. were just more than eager to whack any elephant that came to drink out of stock tanks, regardless of whether there was a drought on. It appeared in some cases that the elephants tore up pump houses and piping because they couldn't get to the water.

Maybe the elephants caused to much damage and wrecked stock tanks even if allowed to drink. Seems most tanks were fenced off, which necessitated wrecking the fences too by the elephants. Just seems like the thought of providing the elephants with part of the water did not occur to them.

I suppose it depends on which side of the fence you are on.

Posts: 19319 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I love the guy taking the shower, and the elephant looks like he's excited.

One forgets how BIG they are.

It should be their country. Let the elephants over populate, rather then people.

s

Posts: 1805 | Location: American Athens, Greece | Registered: 24 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
I know what this is. This is a how you took a bath in the old days of African hunting. The friendly local elephants fill up thier trunks with water from a clean pond (as seen in second picture) then spray you in a showering stall (as seen in first picture). This is a real man's shower.

Sevens

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote