Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

On Safari with Robert Ruark
 Login/Join

posted
Santa (my wife!) just gave me a Christmas gift beyond all others. This is the movie I have dreamed of seeing for 40yrs. 110lb. per side elephant, 49" buffalo, Black Rhino, Narok, Isiola, NFD, Athi and Loita Plains. My God, the places, things and land I have dreamt about for years. Narrated by the legend himself. Besides Ruark you'll see Andrew Holmberg, John Sutton and of course, Harry Selby.
Folks, if you haven't seen this movie you truly need to get a copy. It's B&W, sometimes scratchy and quality wise not anywhere near what a modern video is, but it is MAGIC. I am once again truly envious of those who were fortunate enough to have hunted in those times and places.

[This message has been edited by John S (edited 12-25-2001).]

Posts: 1148 | Location: The Hunting Fields | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
John,
I got my copy about a month ago. As you said, there is magic in that little plastic box. Interestingly, all of the original credits from "Robert Ruarke's Africa Adventure" were removed. I wonder why.

Posts: 322 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
<Don G>
posted
John,

Where might I buy this marvel?

Don

posted Hide Post
Don-
The wife ordered it from Outdoor Visions.

www.outdoorvisions.com

[This message has been edited by John S (edited 12-25-2001).]

Posts: 1148 | Location: The Hunting Fields | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Don G>
posted
Thanks, John. Merry Christmas!

Don

<Phyllis the hotshot>
posted
It's so unfair....the best hunting is in Africa, and the best videos and hunting equipment are in the States.
P.

<DavidP>
posted
I also got mine about a month ago and enjoyed the heck out of it. It is definately a must see video!!!

------------------
Good Hunting & Hunt Safe,
David

one of us
posted Hide Post
I ordered this video and two others after reading this thread. Received the vids Friday and can highly recommend "On Safari". I finished "Horn of the Hunter" just a week ago and the video complimented the book nicely.

-John-

Posts: 831 | Location: Mount Vernon, WA | Registered: 18 November 2001Reply With Quote
<DavidP>
posted
JKS,
You are so right! I think I'll watch the video again tomorrow evening. Maybe read Horn of the Hunter again.

------------------
Good Hunting & Hunt Safe,
David

one of us
posted Hide Post
Received mine yesterday. Ordered it after reading this thread. A class film for sure. Tye has is this evening and was very happy to get the chance to view it.
SAM

Posts: 702 | Location: Lenoir. N.C. | Registered: 18 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
For anyone trying to order through Outdoor Visions' website, their server has crashed, and they are apparently trying to eradicate a virus from it before getting it back online.
I had to use the phone order desk at 1-800-424-6652

Rick.

Posts: 1099 | Location: Apex, NC, US | Registered: 09 November 2001Reply With Quote