Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

African Hunter Magazine?
 Login/Join

posted
I seem to remember this topic elsewhere but I couldn't find it.

I haven't received an African Hunter magazine since issue Number 3 of 2008 arrived, although Number 6 of 2007 arrived just last week. With their previously excellent website essentially down, does anyone know what's going on with them?

I suspect that Uncle Bob's economy may have hit them hard.

Thank you!

Good hunting,
Jim

Posts: 48 | Location: Helvetia, Oregon | Registered: 14 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
They're doing just fine but you or they might be having problems with the postal service.

We're currently helping them with a web presence on our site at www.shakariconnection.com. If you visit the site and click on the African Hunter Magazine icon on the menu on the left hand side, you'll find all their contact details, plus an online version of the shot placement guide and quite a collection of previous srticles.

Hope that helps.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
didn't renew my subscription at SCI this year for just this very reason. using uncle Bob as an excuse is just that- an excuse. if you take people's money to deliver a product, you should deliver the product, period- or find another line of work. check here more closely and you will find my and your experience are not alone, nor are cancellations of subscriptions. if that sounds harsh, so be it. if you take my money, get me what i paid for. this has been an ongoing problem for years.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13402 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gator1
posted Hide Post
Saeed owns African Hunter Magazine. Ask him.

Gator

A Proud Member of the Obamanation

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left."
Ecclesiastes 10:2

"There are some ideas so absurd that only an intellectual could believe them." George Orwell

Posts: 2753 | Location: Climbing the Mountains of Liberal BS. | Registered: 31 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If I weren't retired, I would interview for the job...

Rich
Buff Killer

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Ant the editor is travelling at the moment but I saw him today and let him know of the thread and he'll look into it when he gets back in the office.

You might like to e-mail him in the meantime so he sees it on his return.

Hope that helps

one of us
Picture of crl
posted Hide Post
Don't waste your money on this magazine. I have received emails from Ant and he blames the mail system for my subscription issues. I have receieved 8 issues since 2006 when I paid for 18. Keep your money.

crl

The average man's love of liberty is nine-tenths imaginary. It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty; and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies.

Posts: 379 | Location: MN | Registered: 29 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
I have not joined in on these discussion in the past, but I simply cannot tolerate the excuses any longer. This problem with African Hunter goes back into the 1990s and is still occurring. I finally stopped my subscription many years ago because I got tired of paying for magazines that never arrived. Really too bad because I always thought it an excellent publication, when they could get it to me.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JohnHunt
posted Hide Post
yeah but when it does come it is a great magazine.

Posts: 1678 | Registered: 16 November 2006Reply With Quote