New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buzz Charlton's New Elephant DVD
 Login/Join

posted
Hi Everyone,
My name is David Leonhardt. I worked with Buzz Charlton on the digital editing of his new DVD “Hunting The African Elephant - The Complete Guideâ€. We have an arrangement with Safari Press to distribute the DVD and we are working on setting up a payment system to sell it on Buzz’s website. However, it is taking longer than we had hoped to get either of those situations working.

I spoke with Buzz today (Feb 3) and we have come up with a temporary way to sell the DVD to those interested. I will sell you a DVD direct from our stock left over from the SCI shows in Reno & Dallas. You will have to send a money order made out in my name and I will forward the funds to Buzz. If you are concerned about the legitimacy of this offer, please go to Buzz’s website www.cmsafaris.com and email his office asking for verification of this offer.

Once the arrangement with Safari Press is established this offer will no longer be available as we need to honor our agreement with them. This is only a temporary offer. I’m sorry that we cannot accept credit cards at this time. That is the situation we are trying to work out for Buzz’s website.

Send a money order for $44.95 ($39.95 + $5 shipping in the U.S.) to David Leonhardt, P.O. Box 681, Douglasville, GA 30133. Your DVD will be shipped within 24 hours of your payment being received. Please email your address if you are interested and I will have the DVD ready to ship when your money order arrives.

No personal checks please. Do not make the check out to Buzz as he is not in the U.S. and can't cash the check himself.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me through my forum email.

Thanks!

David Leonhardt
d1design@earthlink.net

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Dave,

Welcome on board and I got mine from Buzz is Dallas...

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have emailed Buzz to confirm that this offer is valid.

I have no reason to believe that this offer is not legitimate, however, I would caution everyone to hold off on sending any money until I have confirmation from Buzz.

Regards,

Terry

Msasi haogopi mwiba [A hunter is not afraid of thorns]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted Hide Post
How long will it be until the Safari Press buying option is available and will the price be the same?

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
David is the one that did the production. You should consider it as valid as any other offfer on AR!

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19362 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Will:
David is the one that did the production. You should consider it as valid as any other offfer on AR!

Are you a 100% certain that Buzz has authorized this?

Regards,

Terry

Msasi haogopi mwiba [A hunter is not afraid of thorns]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
No I am not 100% certain, but knowing that Buzz never turned down a dollar, I do not see any reason to doubt it. Smiler

Actually, David is my identity theft name with which I am funneling these funds for my illicit DVD scam through a Swiss bank account, wire transferring the funds to a Brazilian bank, and finally purchasing Zimbabwe certificates of deposit at the going rate of 50,000 percent per annum, or was that days?

Anyone else that wants in on this deal, send me a PM! Smiler

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19362 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by T.Carr:
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have emailed Buzz to confirm that this offer is valid.

I have no reason to believe that this offer is not legitimate, however, I would caution everyone to hold off on sending any money until I have confirmation from Buzz.

Regards,

Terry

--------

The reason I mentioned confirming this offer with Buzz is because I would want the same assurance that I was not being ripped off. I do appreciate Bill Stewart's endorsement!

Buzz is currently on his way back to Zimbabwe and it will take a couple of days for him to respond. You may get a response from his secretary, but no one should place an order that isn't 100% comfortable with the offer. I would expect nothing less if I was ordering a DVD.

I'm not sure how long it will be until the Safari Press Version will be available, but I think the price would be the same.

Thanks!

David Leonhardt
d1design@earthlink.net

one of us
posted Hide Post
Welcome on board David. Thanks for the offer and for being mellow with the authenticity checking.
I was not able to make DSC this year but if you had anything to do with his dvd that was being shown last year the quality was super. I am doing so post production work on images I am creating and I know it is not an easy task when done well. I have seen a ton of videos on ele recently and although some needed work for the most part they are extremely exciting.
Are you also doing any of the camera work?
Are the DVD's going to be available at Houston?
I hope things work well for the sales here and in the future.
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
I believe this is the best hunting DVD I have seen. It is very well put together, and makes me feel confident in my ability to brain shoot an elephant when the occasion arises.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mr. Leonhardt, I'd like to apologize to you for putting you through a similar rigamarole while conducting a bit of business on behalf of Buzz.

Posts: 157 | Location: South Carolina, USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
I received this reply to my email.

Dear Terry,
Absolutely legitimate please run with it!!!
Kind regards.
Buzz.
Charlton McCallum Safaris

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I was reviewing the DVD footage of my whole hunt last night. The fact I can see it from a different perspective now is so cool. When your pulling the trigger you see a far different picture, much smaller I think because you are so focused on a 'spot', etc and you have the worries that go along with "doing it right".

My cow really did have her head high. I will look at it again but it seemed after she looked my way it took her a split second and then she knew what we were and she jerked her head up a bit to start coming. I shot her once she did that so she really didn't have a chance to charge.

I'd have put another one into her if Buzz hadn't pushed my rifle up. From his position I am sure he could see she was done. But there were a lot of other cows there and we needed to MOVE. Smiler

I can't wait to do that hunt again.

I have some awesome footage for my day light leopard, hippo and baboons.

~Ann

Posts: 19551 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 30ott6
posted Hide Post
It's a great video and fun to see our fellow AR members. Ann made a helluva shot!! I urge you all to buy it!!

John

Posts: 1143 | Location: Cody, WY | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Money in route. Missed it at SCI Reno.

Thanks

Posts: 146 | Location: CA. USA | Registered: 08 February 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
This was posted to a different subject heading, but I thought I would include it here for anyone who might not have seen the other topic.

Buzz asked me to post this comment regarding anyone who participated in his ele DVD. Basically, if you are on it, a free DVD is coming your way if you request it. After spending hours & hours working on this DVD and watching you hunt your ele's, I feel like I know you personally! Please email your address to - d1design@earthlink.net and I will make sure you get your DVD. No pretenders, please. Remember I've seen all of you on tape Smiler

David Leonhardt
d1design@earthlink.net

Here are Buzz's Comments -

I see one very valid comment to Ann saying she should get a free DVD. That
goes with out saying that every one who participated in the DVD gets one for
free. I obviously have not had the time to send them with the hectic shows
but to please drop Dave a line and he will send them on to you.

Just for Reference to a post about the brain position (Bill S)I had the help
of Richard Harland, Sten Cedegren and Ian Nyaschens all of whom have shot a
couple of thousand elephants each. They all all gave it the thumbs up!

I hope you all enjoy the video and come away from it with deeper
understanding on the hunting and different shot placements on elephants for
that was my sole intention when I produced the Dvd with Dave.

I have an agreement with Safari Press who will be distributing it as soon as
we get all the signatures in the right place which will take a bit of time
but it can be purchased directly through David up until I have my web
connection running and when Safari Press get it on their shelves.

Lastly I want to say thanks to all the AR members with whom I have hunted
with over the last couple of season. They have all been with out exception
fun hunts! Cheers Buzz Wink Wink

One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted Hide Post
David,
Any possibility I could send payment with Paypal? Thanks.

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cunningham
posted Hide Post
EleView check your email for my address.

Global Sportsmen Outfitters, LLC
Bob Cunningham
404-802-2500

Posts: 580 | Location: I am neither for you or against you. I am completely the opposite. | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got the DVD at Dallas Safari Club convention in January. It is extremely well done. I've been unable to find another DVD that is as instructional on every aspect of elephant hunting as this one. I recommend it for anyone hunting elephant. Lots of action with 30 plus elephant kills, but also a lesson on elephant behavior, tracking, and safari preparation. He also interviews several well know elephant hunters that gives a brief historical perspective on the ivory trade.

So if you you want to learn everything about elephant hunting, this is it.

Posts: 35 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bwanahile
posted Hide Post
GREAT video! Bought it along with Richard Harlands book on elephant hunting. After consuming both in a matter of a few days I cannot begin to tell you how eager I am to hunt jumbo!!!!!!!!

Posts: 757 | Location: Nashville/West Palm Beach | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In case there was any doubt, this is absolutely legitimate, and thank you to Mr. Leonhardt for helping to make the video available to persons interested in elephant hunting.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote