THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Prominent businessman nabbed on suspicion of poaching

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Prominent businessman nabbed on suspicion of poaching
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Last Updated: Tuesday, 31 May 2005
Prominent businessman nabbed on suspicion of poaching

Herald Reporter
POLICE in Beatrice on Sunday arrested nine suspected poachers, among them a prominent businessman, and recovered two rifles, 12 impala carcasses and a hare.

They also impounded four vehicles when they bumped into the poachers in transit near the Ngezi turn-off along the Masvingo-Harare Highway.

The businessman and owner of Dollasdale Farm, Martin Taremba, and the other eight are still in police custody.

Mashonaland East provincial spokesperson Inspector Darlington Mathuthu said the suspects had shot the animals in a farm and were arrested on their way to Harare at around 4am.

"Martin Taremba teamed up with eight other suspects, believed to be his relatives and went to the farm which he (Taremba) is the owner," he said.

He said they were armed with two rifles, which they used to shoot and kill the animals.

After killing the animals, they loaded them into two Isuzu KB trucks, a Defender TDI 110, and a Nissan Patrol.

The nine, however, ran out of luck when they were stopped near Marirangwe

turn-off by police officers manning a roadblock.

A search was carried out, leading to the recovery of the carcasses.

The nine were arrested and they were taken to Featherstone Police Station.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9486 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hhmag
posted Hide Post
Pardon my ignorance, it is almost 7 in the morning as I read this, hung over from Memorial Day and I just woke up. Do I take it that they were arrested for shooting animals off a farm they own? Doesn't seem right, does it?

Hair, not Air!
Rob Martin

Posts: 395 | Location: Florida's Fabulous East Coast | Registered: 26 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Zero Drift
posted Hide Post
I am sure that the police at the road block could have walked 1 mile in any direction and arrested a truck load of poachers. The government will not stop the natives from raping the land, but anyone else is gonna get it. Roll Eyes

Posts: 10780 | Location: Test Tube | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote