Find
Notify
Tools

Tusker
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Bwana Nderobo
posted
Our new beverage center, the aptly named "Beer World", in Catskill, NY, has Tusker Beer! It's the first one I've had since Tanzania in '07. Just wanted to let you guys and gals know it's available here in the States.

Phil Massaro
President, Massaro Ballistic Laboratories, LLC
NRA Life Member
B&C Member
www.mblammo.com

Hunt Reports- Zambia 2011
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1481089261

"Two kinds of people in this world, those of us with loaded guns, and those of us who dig. You dig."

Posts: 441 | Location: New Baltimore, NY | Registered: 14 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like Disney World for men??

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ahhh, memories...

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana Nderobo
posted Hide Post
I have to say, the first one tasted like heaven... Now if I can only get Kilimanjaro, Ndovu and Serengeti beer imported.

Phil Massaro
NRA Life Member
B&C Member
www.mblammo.com

"Two kinds of people in this world, those of us with loaded guns, and those of us who dig. You dig."

Posts: 441 | Location: New Baltimore, NY | Registered: 14 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Doing a job there off 23....I'll have to check that out.

Posts: 444 | Location: Hudson Valley | Registered: 07 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
We have it at Liqour Barn, but it is sold in singles for about $5 each...

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2981 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana Nderobo
posted Hide Post
dinsdale, It's on NYS 9W, just north of Wal-Mart, west side of the highway. Tim, its singles there too, but @ $2.20 each, and I still bought a 6 pack.

Phil Massaro
NRA Life Member
B&C Member
www.mblammo.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep,know right where it is.

Use the Sherwin-Williams on the other side of the road on occasion....

Posts: 444 | Location: Hudson Valley | Registered: 07 July 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Spring
posted Hide Post
I usually get my local beer store to order it for me by the case. Fortunately it's pretty easy to get right now. Here's a list of the US distributors. Most these distribute all around their respective states.

Posts: 1445 | Location: Bronwood, GA | Registered: 10 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
I used to go to Argentina a lot dove hunting. All that have been know about all you get is that Quilmes (sp???) to drink there.

I like beer so any will do but that stuff is marginal!

Anyway...my local beer store started stocking that stuff the other day. shocker

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37820 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
Have anyone tasted a tanz beer called Serengeti ? We can order alot of different beers in Sweden( tafel, Windhoek, tusker etc) but its pricey I have tasted ALL of them Smiler but never Serengeti..

Posts: 2638 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Flying out to Arusha tomorrow morning. Looking forward to my first "Tusker", then 2nd...

Tim

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lane,
do you remember which malt beer Patrick had in camp?? it was good beer

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of opus72
posted Hide Post
I own a liquor store and deal with the local distributor of Tusker for other products. I just called them to ask about ordering some... wholesale pricing is $43/case here.

Posts: 262 | Location: Mount Pleasant, SC | Registered: 02 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ddrhook:
Lane,
do you remember which malt beer Patrick had in camp?? it was good beer

Club!

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37820 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JabaliHunter
posted Hide Post
What about Bollinger beer? Is it still going?

Posts: 712 | Location: England | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Lane!!!!
I really like it now all I have to do is find it here rotflmo

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cmfic1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tim Herald:
We have it at Liqour Barn, but it is sold in singles for about $5 each...

Tim, that sounds like Canadian pricing....for Canadian made beer! Confused

Rod

--------------------------------
"A hunter should not choose the cal, cartridge, and bullet that will kill an animal when everything is right; rather, he should choose ones that will kill the most efficiently when everything goes wrong"
Bob Hagel

Posts: 977 | Location: Alberta, Canada. | Registered: 10 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana Nderobo
posted Hide Post
ADahlgren: Yes, had Serengeti in Dar in 07, and it was my favorite beer there. For some reason, they tell me they cant import it...

Phil Massaro
NRA Life Member
B&C Member
www.mblammo.com

One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Your are right Rob. I spent about 25 days hunting Canada this year, and my favorite beer is up there, but I might have to quit beer if I had to always pay your prices!

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2981 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Spring
posted Hide Post
My PH from Tanzania is coming to visit me this week; I'll have a cold Tusker waiting on him tomorrow night. That said, when he was last here he dazzled the Southern Belles with some other sort of fruity concoction as he joked that all the "southern boys" did when out at night "was drink Budweiser and talk about duck hunting" while he was buying shots and wooing their girls...and I used to think he came over here for the conventions.... Wink

Posts: 1445 | Location: Bronwood, GA | Registered: 10 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
BevMo has it on the west coast ... and Amarula too.

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I always drink what the locals drink when I travel, but when I get back home, give me USA beer, wine, and booze! Smiler

Posts: 1357 | Location: Texas | Registered: 17 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tim Herald:
but I might have to quit beer if I had to always pay your prices!

I have had to drink Schlitz exclusiving a few times in my life...come to think of it...I have drunk a lot of Schlitz since 2008 Frowner...but its NEVER gotten bad enough to quit beer! beer

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
I like the way you think Lane...just glad I don't have to pay Canadian prices!

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
tim@trophyadventures.com