Find
Notify
Tools

attacked by a zebra?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted
In Arkansas? (you can't make this stuff up!)

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us...ys-pet-zebra-n325251

Posts: 3277 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why is this surprising?

Posts: 10319 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can't be true.
Everyone knows zebra's are just horses with stripes.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Capstick wrote an article about a Zebra attack in one of his books. I read the book as a child, and I don't remember the details.

I have been both bitten and kicked by horses that were pets. I can't imagine a zebra would be a good pet, and I can see where this could have went sour.

Horses are kind of jerks to one another, especially when establishing dominance. Sometimes they are just jerks all the time. Maybe this zebra was a nasty guy.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
Ruark wrote of Harry Selby being assailed by one that had been hallal'ed. Zebra's have canine teeth, huge heads and enough testosterone (if male) to operate a huge organ...

Posts: 4881 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine got a charge off a wild stallion here in Australia. A 9.3X62 put a stop to that. Big Grin

Posts: 15784 | Location: Australia and Saint Germain en Laye | Registered: 30 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Blair, same thing happened to a friend of mine out in the Simpson Desert, but a .308 sorted that out.

I nearly got flattened by a pair of fighting donkey jacks once, but they had no idea I was there.

Posts: 1077 | Location: NT, Australia | Registered: 10 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ben,

That must of been funny in hind sight!

Posts: 15784 | Location: Australia and Saint Germain en Laye | Registered: 30 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep, thought how strange it would be to be killed by a donkey. But donkeys have come close to injuring me or even killing me twice, now. That was one occasion, the other was a backward kick from an injured one that I was trying to put-down. Just the other day we were watching them fight and kick each other, and one had quite a bloody open wound on his chest.

Posts: 1077 | Location: NT, Australia | Registered: 10 February 2011Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Don't laugh!

I have been hunting dangerous game for many years.
Have shot literally hundreds of them.

Never got a scratch.

But, was attacked by two pet raccoon, and was left with 57 bite marks!

After I managed to subdue them, the blood on the ground was like an impala shot in the aorta!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68668 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You should see what a pet Duiker can do.

Holey pincushions Batman.

Eeker

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've heard another story like that about a duiker.....bad little bastards.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Don't laugh!

I have been hunting dangerous game for many years.
Have shot literally hundreds of them.

Never got a scratch.

But, was attacked by two pet raccoon, and was left with 57 bite marks!

After I managed to subdue them, the blood on the ground was like an impala shot in the aorta!

What was the reason for the raccoons to fly off the handle Saeed?

Administrator
posted Hide Post
They used to live with us in the house when they were young.

Great animals to have around.

They would sit with us watching TV.

They would chase each other all over teh place - especially over us.

They would go under my T-shirt by my stomach, and get out from one of the sleeves1

They were amazingly funny animals.

When they grew up, we made a home for them just outside the house - but attached by stairs.

The stairs open up onto a veranda into our house, with a glass partition.

We put them in their new home in the morning, and half an hour later one had gone!!

We looked everywhere, eventually finding it upstairs, having managed to crawl through a small gap Houdini would have been proud of.

When I found him, he clung to me with a death grip!

I took him down to his mate, and stayed with them for a while neither would leave me.

Eventually I had to go, and with a lot of hassle, I managed to disengage myself from them.

Then they went berserk, and attacked my legs.

There was a portable cage in there, and I was trying to get hold of both so I can throw them in and close the door.

Eventually managing to do it, but not before they caused serious damage to my legs and arms.

The main point I did not want to hurt them, otherwise it would have been very easy to swing each against the wall, and that would have been the end of it.

It took them about 3 months before they returned to being friendly with me again!!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68668 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote