New
Find
Notify
Tools

2007 Buff/Sable Hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My girlfriend and I have booked a 2007 hunt with Charleton McCallum Safaris. We are going to hunt for 12 days. I am going after buff, sable, and bushbuck; she is going after warthog and some other plains game.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3517 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Let me be the first to congratulate you! I hope you have a great time.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bwanahile
posted Hide Post
And let me be the 2nd!

Posts: 757 | Location: Nashville/West Palm Beach | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys! I guess this will give me a good excuse to buy a 416, becuse there is no way I can go chasing buffalo with my little 375 pop gun... Well, that's what I'm telling my girlfriend anyway! clap

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

One of Us
Picture of CLIFT
posted Hide Post
What area are you going to hunt in?
Who will be your PH?

Posts: 76 | Location: WAXAHACHIE, TEXAS | Registered: 10 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am going to hunt buffalo in Chirisa and sable in Kwekwe.

My PH is going to be either Myles, Buzz, or Alan, from the reports I have read here on AR I would be comfortable with any of the three.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lhook,
Iam looking at booking a similar hunt with Buzz and Myles for 07' My plans are Buff, Lepoard, Sable and G. in June. When are you going? and Congrats!!!!

Posts: 209 | Location: Montana | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by huntnjim:
Lhook,
Iam looking at booking a similar hunt with Buzz and Myles for 07' My plans are Buff, Lepoard, Sable and G. in June. When are you going? and Congrats!!!!

We're going in August. We haven't decided on the exact dates yet. Good luck on your hunt!

Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on your upcoming hunt. I wonder how much business Buzz gets because of AR? It seems to me that just a few years ago he was relatively unknown.

Regards,

Terry

Msasi haogopi mwiba [A hunter is not afraid of thorns]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Terry,

Buzz actually mentioned this to me at DSC when I told him I was an AR member. He said he is very happy with all the publicity he is getting here on AR, and that he has had some great hunts with the members.

Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
quote:
that he has had some great hunts with the members

Was this before or after he hunted with Bill Stewart? Big Grin

Regards,

Terry

Msasi haogopi mwiba [A hunter is not afraid of thorns]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Congratulations on your upcoming hunt. I wonder how much business Buzz gets because of AR? It seems to me that just a few years ago he was relatively unknown.

It doesn't hurt that he has a great name, either. Branding/brand recognition is huge, and who can forget a name like Buzz Charlton! Associate that with a good recommendation and its like GOLD.

Cheers,
Canuck

Posts: 7122 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bwanahile
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canuck:

It doesn't hurt that he has a great name, either. Branding/brand recognition is huge, and who can forget a name like Buzz Charlton! Associate that with a good recommendation and its like GOLD.

Cheers,
Canuck

It also doesn't hurt that he and Myles are two of the nicest guys you will ever meet. I was fortunate enough to have dinner with them one evening at the Dallas Safari Club convention and I think they are well on their way to being one of the premier safari companies of this era.

Posts: 757 | Location: Nashville/West Palm Beach | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Have fun! Going with the significant other will be great.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
Have fun! Going with the significant other will be great.

She is really looking forward to it. She has never been hunting, but has fired rifles quite a bit. I'm going to take her hog hunting back in Texas to get her used to shooting at live targets.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!!
I hunted with Buzz last year and I am booked to hunt with him again this April for Ele. and Sable. This is my 5th safari but the first time I am hunting with the same outfitter a second time,, Buzz and company are that good and he deserves the recognition and promotion he has recieved on this site.

If your parents didn't have any children chances are you won't either.

Posts: 478 | Location: Davie Florida | Registered: 15 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Who's ranch are you hunting in KweKwe? We did buffalo and sable in 2004 and shot our sable in Kwekwe. We hunted the
roy smalls place and saw two really nice sable. Just got our mount back last week.

One of Us
Picture of CLIFT
posted Hide Post
I will hunt Leopard & Sable for 14 days in 2007.
I partially based my decision on the info on this site. Can't wait til the day comes!
I am sure you will have a good hunt.
Anticipation!

Posts: 76 | Location: WAXAHACHIE, TEXAS | Registered: 10 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gunny,

I'm not sure exactly what ranch we're going to hunt in Kwekwe. I believe it as about 14K acres unfenced and is at the center of a much larger concervancy.

One of Us
Picture of 470CapstickA2
posted Hide Post
Ok Lhook7, you can use my C&H 475NE, but I'm stowing away in the case with it.. or use my 470 capstick Smiler Maybe Bill and I should come along to make sure you stay safe.....

NRA Life Memeber
SCI Life Member
Dallas Safari Life Member
DRSS
We Band of Bubbas

Posts: 404 | Location: Washington, DC/Arlington | Registered: 25 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by T.Carr:
quote:
that he has had some great hunts with the members

Was this before or after he hunted with Bill Stewart? Big Grin

Regards,

Terry

Huh? I thought he had a great hunt with Mr. S., including a very exciting charge stopped at 6 yards with a proper brain shot.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 470CapstickA2:
Ok Lhook7, you can use my C&H 475NE, but I'm stowing away in the case with it.. or use my 470 capstick Smiler Maybe Bill and I should come along to make sure you stay safe.....

I think you're right. I would feel MUCH safer knowing that you and Bill were making sure all the bars in Zimbabwe were safe for me to enter. cheers moon

Do you think they have a Gun Club in Harare? jumping

See you on Thursday.