New
Find
Notify
Tools

which scope
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Which scope would you buy a Zeiss conquest,Leupold VXIII or a Bushnell elite 4200.I'm going to be mounting it on a TC Encore.

Buffalo,NY

one of us
posted Hide Post
What caliber ? For heavy recoil I would vote for the Leupold VXIII..................JJ

" venator ferae bestiae et aquae vitae "

Posts: 593 | Location: Southern WV, USA | Registered: 03 August 2004Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
Meopta - same as conquest, but typically cheaper. I've compared it to my leupolds and can honestly say the meopta is a brighter scope.

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Right now I'll be putting it on the 50 cal muzzeloader.But I plan on buying more barrels in the future.I already purchased warne QD rings for I can use the scope on the pther barrels.

Buffalo,NY

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is like asking whether Chevy or Ford makes the best truck. For your application all are outstanding. I have a Zeiss on my Encore and love it. I also have Leupolds which I like as well. I used the Zeiss because it gave me good flexibiity mounting because of its longer tube length compared to most Leupolds. The Encore has a pretty long LOP and with the Zeiss I could position the scope well for my eye. thumb

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Have you considered Nikon? Personally, I've found Nikon fits best for me.

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think I've tried everything you mentioned and and many more but just recently learned a hard lesson by buying a Burris Euro Diamond instead of my usual Leupold VXIII's. Some scopes are a little brighter to my eye but not enough to take a chance far from home on an expensive hunting trip. My second choice might be the 4200 since I believe that it is the old Baush and Lomb which has also given yeoman service. Hopefully Bushnell didn't get it to the junk level of most of their scopes. Check the Zeiss carefully. I have had eye relief problems with Zeiss in the past compared to Leupold.

Posts: 740 | Location: CT/AZ USA | Registered: 14 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I purchased the elite 4200 2.5-10 x 50 with the firefly recticle.See how it works out.Won't get the scope until the middle of may,so have to wait to see how it works.

Buffalo,NY

one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
Take a look at the Nikon's I have them on all my rifles and shotguns. for the encore I'd think about a low power like 1.5X4.5..........

"America's Meat - - - SPAM"

As always, Good Hunting!!!

Widowmaker416

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dr B
posted Hide Post
Several years ago I had some problems with a leupold VXIII 6.5-20. So Ireplaced it with Burris and have never regeted it. The Burris scopes are brighter and better built. They also have a fixd eye relief which leupold does not.