THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Karl Human Taxidermists Good or Bad?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Karl Human Taxidermists Good or Bad?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi

I was advised to try posting this in the hunting section to see if anyone could help?

Just come back from my first safari in SA with Umlilo safaris and shot several trophies. My question is has anyone on here ever used Karl Human Taxidermists? I have entrusted my trophies to them and have had a couple of people say that they would never use them again as they ruined their trophies / lost their skins. Anyone else had good / bad experiences with them?

Posts: 101 | Location: Home Counties | Registered: 06 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Don Lietzau
posted Hide Post
I suggest you take your concerns back to your PH as he will be at least in part somewhat responsible if he recomended Karl.
I know of Karl, was in his shop once and his work looked ok but thats as far as my experience goes.

Don Lietzau
1-907-688-6946
Don Lietzau's Outdoor Adventures
20508 Mark Circle,
Chugiak, Alaska 99567

Posts: 41 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 12 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have met him and was in his shop 3 years ago. He was very popular and it was a thriving business then, i have had 1 client use him and it was as advertised, with few issues.

His new extension to his studio and all should be complete now, they were in final stages when i was there.

I have heard from him in a long while. So cannot vouch for what he is doing now. cheers TM

"one of the most common african animals is the common coolerbok(or coleman's coolerbok). Many have been domesticated and can be found in hunting camps, lodges and in the back of vehicles."

Posts: 252 | Location: Singapore | Registered: 26 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the advice, I shall try my PH and tell him of my worries. Other thanthat I'll just keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best

Posts: 101 | Location: Home Counties | Registered: 06 March 2007Reply With Quote