THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Africa with Craig Boddington and Ivan Carter

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Africa with Craig Boddington and Ivan Carter
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted
Just finished watching the latest episode where Ivan is hunting with Jeff Weemer of Texas Huntco in the Zambezi valley. Charges by elephant and buff and these aren't the Mark Sullivan set-up/induced variety shocker
By far the best African hunting I have seen on TV. Congrats to Ivan and Jeff on a great hunt beer

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3828 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My 6 year old son has been asking how many more "sleeps" till the next episode is on. thumb

I think he would agree that it is the best African hunting show on.

ddj

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back - Robert Ruark

Posts: 966 | Location: Northwest Iowa | Registered: 10 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
One of the only reasons I am considering Tivo or DVR.

Any chance a "Best of Africa w/CB & IC" or a Best of Tracks Across Africa" will be forthcoming?

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DCS Member:
One of the only reasons I am considering Tivo or DVR.

Any chance a "Best of Africa w/CB & IC" or a Best of Tracks Across Africa" will be forthcoming?

I believe you can order the first three seasons of Tracks Across Africa from Craig's website.

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Best of Africa is on DVD also. I got the newest one in the mail today. Its called Hornady's Africa. It is in a tan package with a picture of Mr. Boddington and a Cape Buffalo and Kudu I believe.

ddj

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back - Robert Ruark

Posts: 966 | Location: Northwest Iowa | Registered: 10 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks graybird. I found them and they are reasonably priced.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hunting For Adventure
posted Hide Post
What channel is the show on? I know Tracks Across is on the Outdoor Channel. How about the other?

Tom Addleman
tom@dirtnapgear.com

Posts: 1161 | Location: Kansas City, Missouri | Registered: 03 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sevenxbjt
posted Hide Post
I think the replay is Sunday afternoon.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Its on the Sportsman's Channel.

http://www.thesportsmanchannel...scription.php?ID=240

Hope this helps,

ddj

one of us
posted Hide Post
These guys know how to produce a great outdoor program. Most in their business could learn much from them.

.470 & 9.3X74R Chapuis'
Tikka O/U 9.3X74R
Searcy Classics 450/.400 3" & .577
C&H .375 2 1/2"
Krieghoff .500 NE
Member Dallas Safari Club

Posts: 1582 | Location: Eleanor, West Virginia (USA) | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ivan carter
posted Hide Post
men ,
i greatly appreciate your comments and i know i speak on behalf of the editing team aswel ..

our product is a result of lots of advice from people , trying to always involve the viewer and to promote ethical and high integrity hunts rather than just adrenalin and rack and stack killing shows ..

thank you again for watching , we greatly appreciate it ..

i am in harare now having had a great hunt with joe wittenkeller with chifuti that i know will make an awesome tv show ...and today i leave to hunt in massailand in tanzania , cant wait to get some footage and great tv up there , so different to the valley , no less spectacular , just different.

also let me take this opportunity to thank the unsung heroes ,the people you never see... the cameramen...we have simply the best crew , our team of four "field producers" , who in the face of often great pressure are steady , focused and rolling ...thanks men ....

"The greatest threat to our wildlife is the thought that someone else will save it”

www.facebook.com/ivancartersafrica

www.ivancarterwca.org
www.ivancarter.com
ivan@ivancarter.com

Posts: 1201 | Location: South Africa  | Registered: 04 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
Ivan,

What company/concession in Masailand?

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 450/400
posted Hide Post
I watched it, enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to the next one. Good job, definitely the best on TV.

Posts: 675 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 26 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Guys
I second what Ivan said, our entire team at Safari Classics really values the feedback and nice comments from our friends at AR. We have been filming all over Africa this year, and the 2010 season for both of our TV shows should be our most exciting to date! Filming dangerous game (90% of our shows) in hunting areas, not game ranches, is so much more difficult than the "whitetail out of the tree" that dominates much of the outdoor TV market these days. We try to capture the adventure of safari as it actually happens, and the positive feedback we get from you guys that have been there tells us that our style is working. Again, for our entire Safari Classics team , thanks for tuning in.
Cheers
Dave

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of buffybr
posted Hide Post
I've always liked Boddington's hunting shows, and I think they are the best hunting shows on outdoor TV. They are real hunting. I have my receiver set to record them so I don't miss an episode or so I can re-watch them instead of one of the too many archery shows where someone sits in a permanent blind overlooking a constructed "waterhole" waiting to shoot a stocked Kudu or whatever that comes in to drink or eat some of the pile of green alfalfa hay that has been spread in front of the blind.

And Ivan Carter appears to be a very knowledgeable and top quality PH. I always get a chuckle when Ivan grabs the back of his hunter's shirt and pushes him into position for the shot or after the shot when Ivan goes after the shot animal and he sounds like me calling my dog: "Come on Jeff! Come! Come! Come! Come! Come! Big Grin

NRA Endowment Life Member

Posts: 1632 | Location: Boz Angeles, MT | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
watching the shows is the next best thing to being there. Even the commercials are tastefully done, pertinent to the hunted animal; and Craig has yet to pimp himself out on a product. The Ruger Number One Series is about it. Even that reflects his long running love affair with single shot rifles.

Most of those other in-bred clowns spend half the show shilling stuff like: "and this is me, showering with my special personal boutique brand no-scent soap and shaving with my no-scent shaving cream, before donning my signature series boxers (also available in jockeys for you guys that like a "snuggie) and then putting my micro-poly-poopy-do socks and...". Hunting the animal is very much secondary to self-aggrandization and promotion, followed by the freebies for everybody involved and their dog.

Boddington & Co are R-E-A-L!

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is why I bought into the DVR on cable.

Dutch

Just sittin' in the gutter sluggin' rats.

one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Hmmm... looking forward to the Tanzania show(s)!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7523 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
watching the shows is the next best thing to being there. Even the commercials are tastefully done, pertinent to the hunted animal; and Craig has yet to pimp himself out on a product. The Ruger Number One Series is about it. Even that reflects his long running love affair with single shot rifles.

Most of those other in-bred clowns spend half the show shilling stuff like: "and this is me, showering with my special personal boutique brand no-scent soap and shaving with my no-scent shaving cream, before donning my signature series boxers (also available in jockeys for you guys that like a "snuggie) and then putting my micro-poly-poopy-do socks and...". Hunting the animal is very much secondary to self-aggrandization and promotion, followed by the freebies for everybody involved and their dog.

Boddington & Co are R-E-A-L!

Rich

Very well said, IS. I can't bear to watch most of the "hunting" shows that have twelve sponsors and are oh, so predictable.

Dave, Ivan and Craig are doing really good work. One of those buffalo took five or six shots with the.600, which clearly demonstrates that shot placement is everything, regardless of caliber. And I love the bit where Ivan grabs the client's shirt and positions him. That's funny. Git up thar, boy, and shoot that buff! It's great.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A+++++
love them too!

NRA LIFE MEMBER
DU DIAMOND SPONSOR IN PERPETUITY
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

Posts: 1366 | Location: SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wish we got the shows here in Australia... will have to be satisfied getting the DVD's when they come out..

Well done to Dave, Craig, Tim and everyone involved!!

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ivan carter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ivan,

What company/concession in Masailand?

we are hunting loibor and lolkisale with bundu safaris ..

hopeing to get some good buff and a nice big ele ...time will tell !!

thanks for all the positive comments men , we appreciate it

"The greatest threat to our wildlife is the thought that someone else will save it”

www.facebook.com/ivancartersafrica

www.ivancarterwca.org
www.ivancarter.com
ivan@ivancarter.com

Posts: 1201 | Location: South Africa  | Registered: 04 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Keep up the good work guys! It sure helps ease the pain of not being in Africa getting to watch you guys!

Posts: 41776 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ivan,

Our guys are looking forward to your safari. We are Tanzania Bundu Safaris not bindu Wink

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12867 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
I too was able to get caught up with several episodes of TAA and a few other hunting shows over the weekend. I DVR the few I like to watch and had several episodes that I had not viewed. I have been watching this show since it first hit TV and IMO the Episode of Tim’s hunt was one of the best I have seen. Ivan is an amazing PH! On the first elephant charge he never even raised his rifle until the last half second…and killed the thing in one swift motion. The second charge he never even lifted his rifle, waiting for Jeff to take the shot. All the hunting is done ethically and with the full respect of the game being hunted. Watching these shows brings me back to Africa! I wish there were more episodes to watch every year….the season is simply too short. My final comment is for the camera guys…..They are absolutely nuts! No way in Hell would I ever walk around the bush with nothing more than a camera in my hand! I would like to see them given more credit for what they do.

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote