Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

hunting with Ozandjahe Safaris
 Login/Join

posted
A friend and I will be hunting this November with Ozandjahe Safaris in Namibia. If anyone has experience and would share some thoughts we'd be greatful.

Thank you

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ozondjahe belongs to a french man by the name of Lung. The farm is quite big and they have taken a couple of brilliant trophys over the last couple of years. (Some are listed as under the top 10 in Namibia)
I don'd know who is currently PHing for Onzondjahe, but I am sure that you will have a great time.
Regs Kamaatu

Posts: 194 | Location: Namibia | Registered: 04 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I believe this farm is in the process of being taken by the gov't of Namibia under their land reform program...they have targeted foreign owners and those that "abuse" their employees.

Russ Gould - Whitworth Arms LLC
BigfiveHQ.com, Large Calibers and African Safaris
Doublegunhq.com, Fine English, American and German Double Rifles and Shotguns
VH2Q.com, Varmint Rifles and Gear

Posts: 2932 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's correct Russ, they have received "The Letter". However, our dear "Father of the Nation" and ex-omupresidente ha shunted there a couple of times and there is word that he wants the farm for himself.
Regarding the abuse, every "colonialist" abuses his employees! I would recommend that the unions and current polititions go and have a look at the working-circumstances of employees working for black farmers. I have seen it for myself and it is shocking!

Anyway, back to the topic. I think Chundoo should go for his Safari with Ozondjahe Safaris. Chundoo, if our dear "Freedomfighters" take over Ozondjahe, let me know and we'll set something up for you. Regs Kamaatu

Posts: 194 | Location: Namibia | Registered: 04 April 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
How long would it be following the letter before anything happens?

one of us
posted Hide Post
In the case of gov't intervention in the sale of a property, there is a statutory 3 month period where the govt has to ante up (ie buy the ranch) or let it go to the new owner. In practice this is not followed. This case is one of outright expropriation. At least one of the other farms on the initial list has already passed to the govt (was owned by a woman with a German name, don't recall). She was 'abusing' her employees who refused to work...she packed them up and deposited them on the nearest public road. I don't expect it would take very long...the govt just has to make a valuation and then if the landowner disagrees, he goes through the courts after the fact.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hunting in November on a farm soon to be sold? Sound's like somebody is Liquidating their assets. Could be a recipe for a real cheap hunt or a disaster! One thing for sure it will be HOT

Robert Johnson

Posts: 599 | Location: Soldotna Alaska | Registered: 05 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Where can a list of Namibian farms to be taken by the government be found?

Posts: 245 | Location: El Paso, TX | Registered: 19 May 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
That's a good question. I've been searching the internet but haven't found anything.

one of us
posted Hide Post
"The Namibian" (I think it's called) keeps pretty good track of these developments. If I recall, there were 18 farms that got the expropriation letter. These are the first exceptions to the "willing buyer - willing seller" policy. They are targeting foreigners, folks who have had bad employee relations, and also now folks who own more than one farm (and plenty of farmers in Nam own two or three...you need a lot of land to make a go and of course it's the really good farmers who have the money to take on new land...so in effect they are punishing the successful farmers - in the name of ideology). When I was in Nam a couple of years back, the local papers were calling Mugabe a "shining example" and the govt sent a team to Zimbabwe to learn from him.......

Another good country will go to the dogs if this stupidity continues.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Russ,

Is the current President any better than Nujoma was?

How does the process work with the "valuation" when it is an exprobriation?

I hate hearing about this shit...............

Blair.

Posts: 4011 | Location: Sydney Australia | Registered: 19 June 2006Reply With Quote