New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any one know where don Bowers is
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi - any of the Lads hunting arround Tanzania come accross Don Bowers this year? He suddenly dropped out of sight at the begining of this year and been uncontactable since.

His step son and (ex?) wife have been slaughtering every animal they can on his game ranch here in Zim...If he isn't dead or in an Alcoholic daze somewhere, he neds to get ahold of Barry

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of PWN375
posted Hide Post
What a shame. Any sable left? That place was fun to hunt and had a good population of animals. Tell Barry hello when you see him.

Perry

Posts: 1144 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don is in the Farming Business now. He invested heavily in new Equipment.
He lives with his young Girlfriend in Mwaya ( Mahenge ) near the western border from the Selous. He also runs a local shop....his son Loyd still help him there.
REAL Funny Guy.IMO hilbily

I dont think he is in Partnership with Licky ( African Trophy Hunting ) anymore.

Seloushunter

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Somehow that figures...Does he have another tatoo with the new cannibal's name on it?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don whom originates from my home town has left the hunting biz after the Tanz. trophy fee increases of 2007. He stuck most of his clients for their trophies as he didn't pay the Tanz gov;t their hiked fees after he couldn't collect them from his hunters. Licki stepped up to the plate and paid for them a year later and had them shipped to their owners. He is indeed living near the Selous and has some really pissed PHs whom he owes money to as well as an expartner (Hopkins) whom will thrash him on site!

Posts: 736 | Location: Quakertown, Pa. | Registered: 11 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And it is not as if he doesn't have the money! There must be a good million US$ of earth moving equipment rotting here in Zim!

And good to know Licki is still playing straight

one of us
posted Hide Post
I hunted his ranch in 2003. It was a hunting paradise with abundant sable, kudu,and impala. I have often wondered how the wildlife was faring. What a shame. I hope Barry is doing O.K.

Posts: 82 | Location: Loxley,AL | Registered: 25 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

bsflag

Seloushunter

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mboga biga bwana:
quote:

bsflag

Seloushunter

You may know more about Licky than I do, but what I know is he paid the TFs on all the 2007 trophies that were kept in Bower's garage so their owners would get them. This was after Bowers just walked away from the matter. A feat he is well known for in the biz world. He walked off from his business here in the States after making his money leaving many people high and dry. Sort of I got mine screw you attitude. He left his Ph/partner Gary Hopkins holding the bag in Tanzania after the 2007 season to the point hopkins hired legal reps due to all the threats he recieved over missing trophies. Crystal Hopkins did what she could while Gary was hunting in Zimbabwe but the POS Bowers left her and Gary take 100% of the heat. Bowers also stuck at least 1 other Ph Charles Horsley for ALL his earnings that season as well.
Licki may not be a saint I truthfully don't know but he put my trophies in NYC which is a hell-v-alot more than Bowers gave two shits about!

Posts: 736 | Location: Quakertown, Pa. | Registered: 11 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don Bowers living with his young girlfriend in Mwaya.........now THAT makes perfect sense to me. My boy always had a serious case of jungle fever, and for the last few years, always though with the wrong head !
God love 'im.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know at least 2 Hunters from Spain hunting in M1,R1 ans K4 Selous ( Consession Holder is Malagarasi Hunting Safaris and African Trophy Safaris ) all two paid New Trophy Fees 2007 in FULL and didnt seen any Trophys ( PH / Agent paid in Full to Mr. Licky ) until NOW 14 Months later...

Seloushunter

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas