Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JefferyDenmark
posted Hide Post
congratulations on a job well done.
How deep does the arrow penetrate ?

Cheers,

Andr�

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Lochi,
Congratulations on your hunt! Throwing stick at Cape Buffalo indeed!

Well done, sir!

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanx guys, as a hunter of cheap stuff normally, this was was huge to me. ( had to take a second bond on my house to get this done.)
JefferyDenmark, I used a 140 gr one-piece twinblade that a knife-maker friend made for me. This was fitted to a Gold Tip carbon shaft with insert to add weight to total 602 gr. Standing quartering away, it penetrated the left rib cage, nicked the left lung, went through the centre of the heart (huge target on 15 yards!) nicked the right lung and slammed into the opposite ribs, right up to the fletching. She did not know what happened, just ran straight ahead and then to the left for 80 yards, went down and bellowed after about 5 minutes.
I was lucky, cause my nerves were out control. I was shaking so badly that the arrow fell of the rest, so I had to replace it while holding on the extreme 80pd short of the cam - only then drawing through to the wall - didn't know I was that strong
I'll try to post a pic Ann.
Thanx
Lochi

Posts: 240 | Location: Johannesburg, South Africa | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Lochi, you need a Whisker Biscuit for your bow! You'll be able to shoot then holding it upside down, shakey, sideways or on the run.

Get the photo up!

Posts: 19548 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
[image]http://www.opticstalk.com/photoserver/photoDetail.aspx?photo=785[/image]

Posts: 240 | Location: Johannesburg, South Africa | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tonto
posted Hide Post
who is the old guy

nice job man!

Posts: 1057 | Location: adirondacks,NY ,USA | Registered: 30 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Damn a head shot!

(But I assume the arrow is in behind the shoulder )

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Jeeze Lochi, how many grains was that arrow again?

Nice photo!

Posts: 19548 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jbderunz
posted Hide Post
Wonderful Lochi, congratulations.
I plan on bowhunting a buff in february.
What bow do you use, did You use arrow the smallest diameter as possible, will you send us a photo of your twin broadheads. I am tempted by Muzzy. I think my Mathews beefed up to 75# can get a buff equinoctialis.
More congratulations.

Posts: 1727 | Location: France, Alsace, Saverne | Registered: 24 August 2004Reply With Quote