Notify
Tools

40k for Elephant
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted
Hey All,

Been a while since I posted and am fairly out of the loop on what's going on in Africa for past few years.

I am looking to book a 2014-2015 Trophy Elephant hunt. Budget is about 40k. All other animals secondary but will likely add a buffalo/PG if it works with the best area(not included in 40k budget).

Have been looking pretty hard at Humani with the Whittall's but any other suggestions would be most appreciated. Any feedback on Malapati and SSG? Anyone been to Humani recently after a Tusker?

This will be my first Elephant hunt but not my first African Safari or DG hunt.

Regards.

Josh

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Karl S
posted Hide Post
Josh, I can help you easily within that price bracket. Send me an email on karl@huntingsafaris.net to discuss.

I am selling my 2014 trophy hunts for US$ 1450 per day (US$ 20 300 for 14 days) and trophy fee of US$ 18 000. (total US$ 38 300).

Karl Stumpfe
Ndumo Hunting Safaris www.huntingsafaris.net
karl@huntingsafaris.net
P.O. Box 1667, Katima Mulilo, Namibia
Cell: +264 81 1285 416
Fax: +264 61 254 328
Sat. phone: +88 163 166 9264

Posts: 1336 | Location: Namibia, Caprivi | Registered: 11 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Look at Buzz with CM Safaris. The Dande east is really producing some nice ele.They just killed a 62# two weeks ago. The old fashion way, tracking. Dande east rate 10/d @ 1250, tf 14000. The Dande North area is where I went last May, got a 46#. That rate is 14d @ 1100, tf 14000. Look for their 2012 hunt report here, it shows the bulls they got last year. You can not find a better outfit.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Josh - For the prices charged, and the potential quality - SSG Safaris is hard to beat.

I took an 84lb bull there in 2011, and the smallest bull any of my clients took in 2012 was 62lbs - while we also took 3 over 80lbs. Timing is important of course, but the potential is excellent.

Example of price:
12 - days at $1,400.00 per day

Trophy Fees:
$14,500.00 bull
$17,500.00 for any bull of 70lbs or more.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thierry Labat
posted Hide Post
Josh, Humani has excellent elephant all year round and you will or should get an elephant over 50lbs.

Malapati has certainly been producing some great elephant and is good value for money, especially knowing there is a possibility to get a 70lbs +

I can personally offer you an elephant bull hunt in Mahenye for about 35k, inclusive of daily rate, trophy fee, Gvt taxes. PM me for more details on the hunt should you be interested?

CM safaris has also been producing consistently good results in the Zambezi Valley. Not sure of their pricing though.

Have fun doing the research, as it's an important part of your hunt!

Posts: 644 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 10 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Josh..I will send you a PM.

I have a guy that hunted elephants at Humani tha past 2 years..took a 60lb in 2012. I may be wrong but I think they only have 1 bull per year quota.

Posts: 1920 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
I would go with SSG if it were me.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I done the Mahenye hunt. There are lots of elephants with the possibility of a big jumbo.
I have taken 3 bulls off of Sango in the last 2 years. I believe it borders Humani. Lots of elephants particularly when the Humani orange crops are ripe .

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
SSG has been producing some monsters of late.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another one you might want to track down is Mark Butcher with Matapula Hunters. You dont see much advertising out of him, I think most of his quota is spoken for from year to year. I thought I read here or somewhere he has 35 bulls on quota??

Posts: 1920 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Would suggest you also have a look at the hunts being offered at Kazuma - NW Zimbabwe. The area borders Botswana and every year 70 lb plus bulls are taken. You can contact Classic African Hunting. PH is Guav Johnson.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would (and just did, for the second time) go with Johan Hermann ( www.johanhermannsafaris.com ) you will damn sure get what you are looking for......he has huge buffalo to.

On my hunt two weeks ago we saw several at 50lbs a sixty pounder, a sixty five pounder ( He is not wandering around anymore though Wink.

If you want a big bull he's your guy.

Posts: 42342 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
I would (and just did, for the second time) go with Johan Hermann ( www.johanhermannsafaris.com ) you will damn sure get what you are looking for......he has huge buffalo to.

On my hunt two weeks ago we saw several at 50lbs a sixty pounder, a sixty five pounder ( He is not wandering around anymore though Wink.

If you want a big bull he's your guy.

How many bulls total did you see on your trip?