Find
Notify
Tools

Not my hunt...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi,

Short break in the hunt: Not going my way. I've been hunting for three days now and so far nothing. Kudu spooked a real big waterbuck I had going yesterday and another one winded us at the wrong moment. That was the second day on waterbuck so we decided to go for eland today -I've seen eland cows of all sizes and we actually stalked up to a herd so I was only five meters from the closest one! Then they spooked! I had a bull in my sights but a cow was exactly behind it! Seen great gemsbock, wildebeest, impala, kudu ie everything I'm not hunting!

Tomorrow morning we'll try for eland again, in the afternoon we're invited on a guina fowl shoot and Sunday is bushpigs.

My luck needs to change...

Peace, cewe

PS I've come down with a very itchy rash which shouldn't be tick bites. Found a friendly pharmacist who accepted my Finnish MD status so I'm now on Prednisone...F-ck

http://www.tgsafari.co.za

"What doesn´t kill you makes you stranger!"

Posts: 2213 | Location: Finland | Registered: 02 May 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Cewe

Sounds like could be ticks on your arms and legs ., big freeze in s.a. not through so do not count out ticks.
Get A MILD antihistamine, if the stuff you are using is what i think it is quartezone is not a good start for a rash when you are hunting in the heat.

Kudu change up tactics try middle of the day tell ph to take lunch with you find a hill and sit , wait for midday movement Kudu are tragelphus and need sun.Watch the outskirts of large bush areas bordering on grassy pastures they will often hang out just in the shade
line.Also on ranches they will drink at midday and head back for cover at dusk.
They now your times as much as we think we know theirs.Find that eland also a good time to hunt as they will herd in the midday heat in the shade,then come out again later problem is they are moving all the time then.

Guinea should be fun enjoy

Ian Cundill Dodds
Hunters Africa
www.huntersafricagroup.com

Posts: 26 | Location: texas | Registered: 13 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
cewe,

Thats why it is called hunting and not shooting. sofa When things do turn your way, it will be all the sweeter. beer

Good luck,

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cewe:
Hi,

Short break in the hunt: Not going my way. I've been hunting for three days now and so far nothing. Kudu spooked a real big waterbuck I had going yesterday and another one winded us at the wrong moment. That was the second day on waterbuck so we decided to go for eland today -I've seen eland cows of all sizes and we actually stalked up to a herd so I was only five meters from the closest one! Then they spooked! I had a bull in my sights but a cow was exactly behind it! Seen great gemsbock, wildebeest, impala, kudu ie everything I'm not hunting!

Tomorrow morning we'll try for eland again, in the afternoon we're invited on a guina fowl shoot and Sunday is bushpigs.

My luck needs to change...

Peace, cewe

PS I've come down with a very itchy rash which shouldn't be tick bites. Found a friendly pharmacist who accepted my Finnish MD status so I'm now on Prednisone...F-ck

I also get rash and uses HISTAMED. It is a pink coulored lotion in a glass bottle. You can get it from any pharmacy. The kind off thing I always carry with me.

Good LUCK with rash and bagging your trophy's

Wimpie

Posts: 166 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 14 September 2004Reply With Quote