New
Find
Notify
Tools

H & H rifle
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Help!!!! I have a Holland and Holland rifle, disignated 7.62 x 62 when it came from factory, it was sent back to have ivory bead front sight installed the tag designated 30-06. The original front sight is in an envelope.
The rifle has mauser action with butterknife bolt handle. The barrel is attached to the action.
The stock is installed and then a small steel wedge holds them together. It has a magazine that is then inserted into rifle.
It has the original green & leather case, none of the leather is broke, it is in pretty good shape. The Man's name is on the outside of the case, and Holland & Holland on the inside.
The rifle is in very good shape, bore excellent. What is the best way to sell something like this.
Ultimately I want a double rifle.
Any and all help appreciated.
George

Posts: 527 | Location: New Orleans,La. | Registered: 27 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted Hide Post
I'll give you 1,000 for it.

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
nice try Bulldog, that gun is worth at least $1200.

I am feeling generous today ... $1500 and I pay shipping.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wendell,

I was actually going to give him the $1500 plus a couple of guided float trips on the South fork of the Snake River.

Are you paying just shipping. Are you making him front the insurance.

Contact H&H and ask them. They should be able to give you a true value and have more details such as when it was built and so on. You may get lucky and they say we sold this rifle to General so and so. You never know. Give them the serial number, and they can give you a good estimate. Depending then on the value you can then decide if you wanted to put it on the classified boards, or a larger gun site such as Guns America or Gun Broker.

If you need any help shoot me a PM.

Mink and Wall Tents don't go together. Especially when you are sleeping in the Wall Tent.
DRSS .470 & .500

Posts: 1051 | Location: The Land of Lutefisk | Registered: 23 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
H&H will not release the names of original owners of their guns. Not even if you pay them for it. However, they might give you the original technical specs and sometimes they "slip up" - the name is sometimes pencilled on the order. However in this case, the name (or a name) is on the case so it's likely that's who it was made for.

Send us some digital pics, we'll sell it for you on virtual consignment for 5% of net proceeds.

I think the gun is worth around $10K but I have to see the pics of the gun and the case.

You can buy a pretty decent "production double" for $10K used. You need twice that to get into a hand-made nitro gun, and it will be a pretty plain one. We do have a CHARLES BOSWELL 450/400 3" 60-400 MAX for a littel less than $20k that we might trade against your rifle.

Russ Gould - Whitworth Arms LLC
BigfiveHQ.com, Large Calibers and African Safaris
Doublegunhq.com, Fine English, American and German Double Rifles and Shotguns
VH2Q.com, Varmint Rifles and Gear

Posts: 2932 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote