Find
Notify
Tools

Re: .458 Lott
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Quote:

Can anyone direct me to a cartridge comparison photo of the .458 Lott? I have been considering one of these Rugers for a while and with the addition of the Lot, I am more interested than ever. Plus, Dan Lilja from Lilja Precision Rifle Barrels is a client and I regularly buy barrels off him, so this opens up many other possibilities. I must admit, I would like the option of stainless steel for my trip to Alaska (when I ever get there...).

Thanks!

Sheldon

L to R: .500 NE; .470 NE; .450 Ackley; .458 Lott; .458 Winchester

Photo from The .458 Watts / .458 Lott:
http://www.african-hunter.com/458_watts___458_lott.htm

-Bob F.

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
they make a good nothing fancy hunting rifle. Controlled round feed, integral scope bases, float the barrel, do a trigger job and beat them up hunting.

Posts: 2788 | Location: gallatin, mo usa | Registered: 10 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigBullet
posted Hide Post
I have a 338 Win Mag that I used on plains game it worked well. I did put a trigger into it, bedded the action and free floated the barrel. Good, very solid hunting rifle. Shoots 250 NP into an inch all day. Your choice of the 300 WIn Mag is a good one IMO. I forgot to add that I put a new recoil pad on it also, the origional was like a brick in color and in ability to absorb recoil, plus I needed alittle more length of pull.

BigBullet

Posts: 1224 | Location: Lorraine, NY New York's little piece of frozen tundra | Registered: 05 July 2003Reply With Quote