Find
Notify
Tools

Meopta scopes?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Any comment on these?

I have heard people say they are really good, just more afforadble from being made in Czech Rep, not Germany...

Anyone use them?

how would they compare to say a Leupold VX II or III?

Thanks

Posts: 1274 | Location: Alberta (and RSA) | Registered: 16 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I put one on my 338 win mag and am happy with the quality of the glass, but do not like the very fine reticle. They gather plenty of light, but the reticle restricts use in low light conditions.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I am using model Artemis 1000 7 x 50 since 1992 on my 8x57 and I am very satisfied with it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have had experience with a Meopta Artemis 2000 3-9 x 42. As you probably know this scope has a 30mm tube. I thought the Meopta optics were outstanding. The finish on the Meopta I had was a little rough and it weighed a little more because of the steel body tube. Mine was mounted on a .270 Winchester so scope movement under recoil due to scope weight was not an issue. All adjustments were crisp. No problems mounting or zeroing. I liked the Meopta quite well and believe it compares well with the major scope manufacturers on price and optical clarity.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Buliwyf

Posts: 2627 | Location: Where the pine trees touch the sky | Registered: 06 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i believe there has been a couple discussions on the optics forum, you can check them out there

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
I used them and here are very common ,very good scopes i recommend them without hesitation.Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6369 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ihave the 2-8x42 mounted on m 9.3x62 that has done duty in both South Africa and Europe. No problems either in maintaining a zero despite being handled by the airport baggage staff. Planing on getting a second Meopta early next year.

For the price they are a good compromise when compared with the other top-of-the-line European scopes.

Waidsmannheil,

Life Member SCI &, NRA

Posts: 161 | Location: Reno NV and Betty's Bay RSA | Registered: 13 August 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have fitted a number of them to customer rifles. It is one of the easiest scopes to shoot a square with. Once sighted in, shoot one and go 8 clicks left, shoot two and go 8 clicks down, shoot two and go 8 clicks right, shoot two and go 8 clicks up for the final one. If the scope adjustment tracks well, you should have a square. You will be surprised how many "good" scopes produce some really strange shapes instead of a square.

The optics are good and I have not needed to replace one since I started fitting them in 1999. For the money, one can do a lot worse.

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
I have a 6x42 Artemis on a Brno. Very sharp and clear. Meopta supplies lenses to the German makers.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mr rigby
posted Hide Post
i have just got a 3-12x56 MEopta 3000 series with crosshair nr 4. Its light and good and im looking forward to try it out on shooting and hunting.

Next one will probably be one with illuminted crosshairs.

Posts: 1196 | Location: Kristiansand,Norway | Registered: 20 April 2006Reply With Quote