Find
Notify
Tools

Rungwa Game Safaris
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi folks,

My uncle and I are seriously looking into a buffalo hunt with Rungwa Game Safaris. They have openings in the Selous for this fall (K1-K2). A quick search of AR came up with limitted info. Any comments on the outfit and/or areas would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Dean

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, Duke of York

Posts: 876 | Location: Halkirk Ab | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dean,

If things do not work out with them, please contact me via email and I will send you a quote.

Thanks.

Best,
Phil
http://www.go-on-safari.com

Professional Hunter - Tanzania

Posts: 88 | Location: So. Cal & Tanzania | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
By the way, they will give you a good safari.

Best,
Phil
http://www.go-on-safari.com

Professional Hunter - Tanzania

Posts: 88 | Location: So. Cal & Tanzania | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Harpreet is a good guy and tries very hard. He has excellent camps and pulls out very good trophies. You will have a great time and hunt for sure.

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3035 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input. One more question. In the Selous in general, and K1-K2 in particular, is there any practical difference hunting in October or November? We had been thinking October, but if we went in November my wife might be able to come along and she sort of instigated the whole affair.

Dean

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, Duke of York

Posts: 876 | Location: Halkirk Ab | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Maki,

I hunted these two blocks in Oct '03. There should be plenty of buff that time of year, game paradise. Best experience of my life in meany ways...

The later in the year the higher the chance of rain. I believe November is getting close to the time for the "short rains".

Adam Clements who posts here as Safari12 books hunts in these blocks. He will be able to answer any questions you may have. (and he's a reliable, stand-up guy born and raised in Tanzinia)

Have a great hunt;
Brett Trimble

Best regards;
Brett

One of Us
Picture of Adam Clements
posted Hide Post
Maki, Give me a call and will fill you in on the areas or any other details.

adam@safaritrackers.com
www.safaritrackers.com
210-698-0077

Posts: 473 | Location: San Antonio, Texas & Tanzania | Registered: 20 November 2003Reply With Quote