New
Find
Notify
Tools

PAC animal pricing
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi. I have a question regarding PAC animal hunts. If I am on a plains game hunt and the outfitters is approached by the local government/locals to do remove a problem animal how is the payment/value of this animal determined.
eg. if there is a marauding bull elephant around and the outfitter is responsible to remove it what happens when you run into it while hunting for your plains game?

Posts: 66 | Location: Canada | Registered: 10 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
PAC is a very dodgy subject. My advice would be forget it and ensure you know the laws of the African country that you are hunting.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9983 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Karl S
posted Hide Post
constructoman, as fairgame said, do not rely on such an animal becoming available. I can only comment on Namibia, here we tender an amount that we think a specific animal is worth before the concession is awarded to you, say US$ X for a elephant bull under 35lbs, and Y US$ for one above that. Then when there is one declared, which can take ages due to burocratic red tape, we can sell it to a client that is in country or can be here very shortly. If we cannot sell it, we have to take care of it ourselfs, either just shoot it, or more appropriately use it to train our staff in the handling of dangerous game, in which case, there is no cost, except our hunting expenses.

Karl Stumpfe
Ndumo Hunting Safaris www.huntingsafaris.net
karl@huntingsafaris.net
P.O. Box 1667, Katima Mulilo, Namibia
Cell: +264 81 1285 416
Fax: +264 61 254 328
Sat. phone: +88 163 166 9264

Posts: 1336 | Location: Namibia, Caprivi | Registered: 11 September 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Very interesting.

I wonder how outfitters and PHs can advertise and sell PAC animals in advance then?

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68788 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Very interesting.

I wonder how outfitters and PHs can advertise and sell PAC animals in advance then?

Hey, you're a trouble maker. Wink

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19369 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Will:
quote:
Very interesting.

Hey, you're a trouble maker. Wink

Sure Bill, I just did not want you to be the only trouble maker on here. clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68788 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
yuck

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Very interesting.

As I have written before, the Zim PAC elephants typically advertised are simply non-export elephants. PAC just became the common name for them.

Of course if the outfitter has quota for a non-export elephant in his area, and a hunter who wants to hunt for a non-export elephant, it can't do any harm to local relations if he chooses to target an elephant causing trouble.

A win-win for all involved.

JPK

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JPK:
quote:
Very interesting.

As I have written before, the Zim PAC elephants typically advertised are simply non-export elephants. PAC just became the common name for them.

Of course if the outfitter has quota for a non-export elephant in his area, and a hunter who wants to hunt for a non-export elephant, it can't do any harm to local relations if he chooses to target an elephant causing trouble.

JPK

In some areas such as the Omay in Zimbabwe, they have elphant raiding the crops every year on an almost continuing basis during the croping season. Therefor they can sell an animal damage control hunt with the almost certainty that some will be available. I have made 5 such hunts and there were always more raiding bulls than we had on quota.

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 465H&H:
quote:
Originally posted by JPK:
quote:
Very interesting.

JPK

In some areas such as the Omay in Zimbabwe, they have elphant raiding the crops every year on an almost continuing basis during the croping season. Therefor they can sell an animal damage control hunt with the almost certainty that some will be available. I have made 5 such hunts and there were always more raiding bulls than we had on quota.

465H&H

Yes, what you write is true, though only for a limited number of CAMPFIR areas and only for a limited portion of the year.

Even then I would wager that the quota was for a non-export elephant rather than a damage control permit. (Also, it is my understanding that only Zim nationals may shoot real PAC eles under damge control permit.) A look at a TR-2 would answer the question.

BTW, I hunted two non-export bulls in Omay in October, and we killed two bulls that were reeking havoc in the locals' tobacco fields, as well as raiding their watermelon and pumkin patches. The one raiding the tobacco fields was an ornery cuss, chasing people about. So problem or crop raiding bulls aren't entirely limited to our early spring.

JPK

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote