THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Global Adventure Outfitters. Sugar Land, TX "Inquiry"

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Global Adventure Outfitters. Sugar Land, TX "Inquiry"
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of larrys01
posted
Has anyone ever used this outfitter or have any experience with them?

Posts: 1525 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 08 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's Greg Rodriguez's outfit, isn't it?

He's good to go.

Posts: 547 | Location: Mostly USA | Registered: 25 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of larrys01
posted Hide Post
Yes. I just looked at their Web Site.

one of us
Picture of BOWHUNR
posted Hide Post
Yes that's Greg Rodriguez. I have not booked through him but have several good friends that have. He is a top notch agent.

Mike

NEVER BOOK A HUNT WITH JEFF BLAIR AT BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING!

Posts: 636 | Location: Omaha, NE U.S.A. | Registered: 28 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guys, Greg is a really good guy - with quite a bit of experience! I can't imagine getting anything but a good hunt from Greg and his staff.

He has trouble seeing over the counter, but he's good!Cool

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4884 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've done a couple of hunts with Greg. They were both good hunts and I enjoyed myself completely. I will add that I have not done one of his African hunts, but if they are anything like what I experienced elsewhere with him, I would expect them to be fantastic.

Like Aaron sublimely points out, he isn't much on height. But he is big on experience and class.

Mac

Posts: 60 | Location: Colorado by birth. Navy by choice. | Registered: 01 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
I did one of his plains game special hunts last August. Everything was first class and exactly as described. I'd book with him again with no hesitation.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2314 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of larrys01
posted Hide Post
Sounds good, thanks all.

one of us
Picture of Greg R
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the kind words, guys.

Greg Rodriguez
Global Adventure Outfitters, Inc.
www.GAOHunts.com
(281) 494-4151

Posts: 798 | Location: Sugar Land, TX 77478 | Registered: 03 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of twoseventy
posted Hide Post
Even Aaron's?

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, duke of York

". . . when a man has shot an elephant his life is full." ~John Alfred Jordan

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

Cogito ergo venor- KPete

“It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker, that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own self-interest. We address ourselves, not to their humanity but to their self-love, and never talk to them of our own necessities but of their advantages.”
― Adam Smith - “Wealth of Nations”

Posts: 985 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 12 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Aaron are you picking on us short guys? he he he

Posts: 87 | Location: oklahoma | Registered: 27 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Greg R is a complete sweetheart, kinda cute and gentleman! Oh, he's a pretty good shot too.

wave

~Ann

Posts: 19220 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Greg R
posted Hide Post
Especially Aaron's. One of the great things about this business is all the great folks in it. I've referred business to Aaron and he's referred it to me. That doesn't mean I won't kick him in the junk next time I see him, though.

Greg Rodriguez
www.GAOHunts.com
(281) 494-4151

Posts: 798 | Location: Sugar Land, TX 77478 | Registered: 03 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greg R:
Especially Aaron's. One of the great things about this business is all the great folks in it. I've referred business to Aaron and he's referred it to me. That doesn't mean I won't kick him in the junk next time I see him, though.

Dude, do you think you can kick your little legs that high?

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4884 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Greg R
posted Hide Post
I have a ladder.

Greg Rodriguez
www.GAOHunts.com
(281) 494-4151

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Being short comes in handy when slow dancing with tall women!

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BOWHUNR:
Yes that's Greg Rodriguez. I have not booked through him but have several good friends that have. He is a top notch agent.

Mike

I'm on Greg's mailing list and continue to receive information about hunts that he does. I'm wishing one of these days I'll finally pull the trigger and book a hunt with him, specially now with good words from you gentlement out there.
Jess from the Philippines

Posts: 134 | Location: Cebu, Philippines | Registered: 08 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
I get their regular news letters and the last one yesterday offered a 7 day 2+1 buffalo hunt for $6995 each! That is similar to Martin Pieters' rates!

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11020 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CBNHNTR
posted Hide Post
We used Greg on our first family safari, he took great care of us. We will use him again in our next trip.

The Diaz family

Posts: 162 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 27 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greg R:
I have a ladder.

Ok, that's funny!!!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Neilson:

Ok, that's funny!!!
How tall are you Aaron?? Confused

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guys, JMO of course! But Greg is the type of guy, you as a potential hunt buyer need to focus your efforts with. Same as numerous other top quality agents I know well, and a couple of them are right here on AR too. Experienced, period - end of story!

An agent is someone trying to be a jack of all trades, literally. Problem is, 80% of them have no more experience than the average guy, who has a different profession, but hunting is his passion. We see it all the time, and sometimes right here on AR too. They've been on 3 hunts, and now they're an agent, really?? It takes yrs of experience to really have the knowledge necessary to be a quality agent, no exceptions. Along those lines, we see "Agents" selling/offering hunts to places they've never been, have no experience with, know nothing about, have never hunted the species, etc, etc, etc! Now, I personally take it to an extreme - as compared to some, but I just feel its completely "WRONG" to be selling/offering hunts to places one has never been, with outfitters they barely know, for species they've never had any personal experience with, period!

But guys Like Greg are just the opposite, and that's what you should always focus on when considering an agent. Not big trophy photos, not cheap prices, not a worn out reputation gained 20 yrs ago, but little else since, and not a used car sales pitch. Just focus on good ole-fashioned, on the ground, real world, real hunting experience, when picking your agent, and likely you won't go wrong. And Greg, he fits that bill!

Good luck to ya!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Matt Graham:
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Neilson:

Ok, that's funny!!!
How tall are you Aaron?? Confused

6'2" - roughly Cool

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
6' 2" with or without hair?
Wink

Posts: 10263 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larrys01:
Has anyone ever used this outfitter or have any experience with them?

Don't know who is "the best" but put Greg on the top shelf with 'em.

Posts: 4862 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of robncolorado
posted Hide Post
Greg may be small in stature, but it really helps his animals look huge... have you seen that 85lb leopard he took? makes it look like its all of 180! Brilliant marketing.... Wink

Posts: 560 | Location: Durango, CO | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dogcat:
Wink

My flat-top helps tremendously!!Smiler

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dogcat:
Wink

6'2"? Maybe when you're in drag wearing heels and a wig Big Grin

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Heels and a wig? He must go to the same bars Greg goes to. The nice thing about hunting with Greg in Africa is that you can leave the shooting sticks at home. When you see a good animal, just ask "Greg, could you come over here a minute" :-)

Posts: 20138 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
My first safari was thru Greg and I had a great time and shot some very fine trophies.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6767 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drummondlindsey:

Thats what I was wondering... rotflmo

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Greg is a good guy. I have been on two African hunts through him and have booked a third.

He is a standup guy and keeps up good lines of communication. James at the office always keeps me abreast of things also.

You can do a whole bunch worse.

Posts: 41859 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote