Find
Notify
Tools

Road Sign
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Bwanna
posted
Had to share this road sign near Gokwe, Zimbabwe. Some of you have probably seen this or similar in Africa. Post 'em if you got 'em.

I got a lot more thrill out of this than the deer crossing signs that dot the Western U.S.

Posts: 1667 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada | Registered: 12 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Unlike the deer crossing signs that I've seen, this one don't a bunch of bullet holes in it.

Lo do they call to me,
They bid me take my place
among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
Where the brave may live forever.

One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
Back in '91 when hunting in the Chewore North we had a near disaster with a Bull in musk. It was quite a surprise given the low light and high grass on the narrow 2 track. Doubt the sign post would have helped though.
Eeker

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

This may not be a "Road Sign" but it is a road side sign we saw in RSA in '04. I don't think you would find this in Iowa. Gave us a nice chuckle.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13004 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I like the Kudu warning signs that dot the South African roadways.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The hippo ones are cool too...

Getaway magazine in SA has published 2 books just on odd road signs, entiled 'Funny Signs', that their readers send in.

They also publish a a 'funny sign' every month.

Here's a few to start you off funny signs

IfI can find it, I'll post the sign for 'The Black Monster Weight Lifting Club' in Jinja, Uganda!

Cheers

Posts: 1274 | Location: Alberta (and RSA) | Registered: 16 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I love the elephant sign.

Namibia

Nairobi, Fairview Hotel (I'm pretty sure a wino took this blurry picture.)

Toilets in Etosha

Are we dressed properly?

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Bwana, I regret not taking that ele crossing sign... When I was in Dudleys camp...

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
Bwanna, I have one just like that, taken on the tar road heading to the Zambezi Valley.

Here's my Caprivi Collection Big Grin

This one's from Zim:

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andrew McLaren
posted Hide Post
Sikelemu?

Can Ganyana or anyone help?

Andrew McLaren

Posts: 1799 | Location: Soutpan, Free State, South Africa | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sikelemu, means danger and according to my guys here it isn't from any local dialect but more to do with the bastedized 'chalapalapa' language. But I do stand to be corrected.

Posts: 146 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 06 November 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68618 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
Road sign in ZAMBIA

Cheers, Peter
---------------------------

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of PWN375
posted Hide Post
I have a photo of one I will need to locate. The photo was taken on Kenyemba Road while driving from Harare to Mozambique. It had a 458 caliber hole perfectly placed for a side brain shot. This road was so rough driving on it at about 10 mph for miles and miles broke a motor mount on Don Heath's old Land Cruiser, shook the horn loose and covered us with a fine talc like dust. This place wasn't a location for a casual, drunken saturday night drive and just proves there are Rednecks everywhere.

Perry

Posts: 1144 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Perception is reality
regardless the truth!

Stupid people should not breed

DRSS
NRA Life Member
Owner of USOC Adventure TV

Posts: 923 | Location: Phx Az and the Hills of Ohio | Registered: 13 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ivan
posted Hide Post

Posts: 576 | Location: The Green Fields | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of eric 98
posted Hide Post

I'll quit buying guns when my wife quits buying shoes.

Posts: 287 | Location: Florida USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
...Retreiver, you didn't have to "take" the sign, you could've taken a photograph of it, and had it duplicated when you returned to the States. That's what I did. Even tho the sign is in heavy-duty plastic, it sure looks great posted at the entrance of my driveway.

One of Us
Picture of Bwanna
posted Hide Post
tsidindi, where did you have it made? I'd like to do that.

Posts: 1667 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada | Registered: 12 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bwanna:

I went to a a generic sign maker, and showed him the photograph, and asked if it were possible to duplicate the ele on some heavy duty material, viz plastic. They assured me it would be no problem. The cost was (1999) $25.00

Good luck