New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: NECG red fiberoptic front sight
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
while were on the subject of sights, I need to get some sights for my 404 I'm building.

I want a fixed rear, sgl blade without fold leaf, noticed the see through fixed as in pic below, but didnt want to end up with something looking like 59 cadillac tail lights, but then I don't see as good as I used to.

Looks like it would work to me, I think one of the guys said he was using one.

Posts: 1868 | Location: League City, Texas | Registered: 11 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Will,

Mine is the 3/32 also...

Mike

Posts: 6767 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Use that ivory partridge post front sight as pictured in the above post with a peep (receiver sight) and a big hole in the apature (AKA ghost sights) if you want something that's fast, super accurate, and stands out like a sore thumb..

I have rolled Buffalo running at 100 yards with that set up along with plainsgame, deer and elk..The receiver sight is king of the irons, even though I still use the shallow V on some of my scoped rifles because they are there, and I do like them...

The receiver (peep) is as good as a scope for shots up to 150 yds. and perhaps 200 yards for myself, I don't know about others in this scope sight generation it may not be..

I might add that I wear bifocals and my eyes are not young so that old crutch is just that, a crutch! Anyone can learn to shoot peep sights, and shoot them well with a little effort, as long as they have the correct set up, in which case all one does it put the front post on the animal and give the trigger a controlled jerk...forget the rear sight, your eye will center it all by itself.

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Mike,

Thanks for the photo. The one pictured is the small bead. The one I have is the big bead, 3/32" dia., not that that should make a difference. Maybe I'll call NECG Monday and ask what it is suppose to look like.

Mine just appears as a piece of translucent red plastic, with no light enhancement at all, sun or shadow. Maybe I just got a bad one.

I like the big white bead except in deep shadow, where it can fade pretty badly.

Posts: 19317 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote