THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Update on my .600 OverKill project! More Pictures!

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Update on my .600 OverKill project! More Pictures!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Edited to add:

Sorry, I was going to put this in the Big Bores Forum and put it here by mistake.

Here's an update.

Link to the first post, in case you didn't see it the first time. My Big Bore Project, .600 OverKill on a CZ550

The stock is inletted, the bolt face is opened, the rails are ready(new mag box is NOT required), the quarter rib is profiled to the barrel. The action feeds RN Woodleigh's just fine!

Notice the all important stock making juice!

If any of you guys like dark beer, I highly recomend Spaten Optimator. VERY good beer.

The barreled action needs to be inleted about 3/16" deeper in this photo.

Black marker shows the approximate finished height of the rib.

I'm waiting on a new 3 position safety from Jim Wisner, hopefully it will be here soon. I also ordered a new trigger from him. It's the regular trigger(no set trigger) that sits farther back in the trigger guard. That will take a few more weeks, he has to finish the run of shrouds and safety parts first.

The bolt still needs to be filled and straightened. I have to decide whos front ramp to use. I haven't decided if I want a cheekpiece on the stock. What do you think, naked or cheekpiece?

I have dies, shell holder, adapter for dies, brass, and bullets. I can't wait to make this thing go BANG!

Posts: 273 | Location: Clarks Summit, Pa. | Registered: 17 December 2003Reply With Quote
<mikeh416Rigby>
posted
You're getting there my friend. Is your trip to Namibia still on?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike, as of right now it is. We don't have anything solid on the other thing, so we are playing it by ear. I might know more next Friday.

Posts: 273 | Location: Clarks Summit, Pa. | Registered: 17 December 2003Reply With Quote