THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Kalman Kittenberger--Big Game Hunting

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kalman Kittenberger--Big Game Hunting
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted
I have been feeling a little under the weather for the past few days and decided to read over some of my African hunting library. I picked up Kalman's Big Game Hunting and Collecting in East Africa 1903-1916.

I just was looking at this choice of calibers. Most of the time he was shooting a Mannlicher Schoenauer rifle, typically the 8X56 MS, but he did also have a 9.5 MS. I took particular intrest in him using the 8mm on buffalo and rhino. Today this rifle is little more than a deer and black bear gun here in the States. Fine handling, but not much on performance. I know, I have one.

Just thought I would pass it along.

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
333_OKH
Sorry you are under the weather, hope you feel better soon. Another good book I can recommend
is "the RIFLE Its Development for Big Game Hunting" by S.R. Truesdell.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
After finishing Kalman's book tonight, Iswitch over to Wild Beasts and Their Ways, Sir Samuel White Baker. Next on the list is Journal of the Discovery of the Source of the Nile by Speke. I just finished a couple of Roy Chapman Andrews books last week. Other than work I have been pretty much taking it easy sleeping and reading.

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote