Tools

Tough decisions ...
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of jjbull
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CCMDoc:

In the journal I kept of our last safari which had printed and leather bound for my father, my forward has among a few other notes, the following:

"I am the luckiest man who has ever lived"

As true today as it ever was and all because of my family. Good folk, they are. I hope my children inherit some of that.

Thanks folk!

After reading what you have posted here, I sincerely doubt your children could not inherit "some of that".

Good on you CCMDoc and best wishes to your Dad on a speedy recovery.

I look forward to a great hunting report this fall when you return.

And watch out for that wooden spoon!! As I tell my Mother (Irish, not Italian): Not the face, Mom! Wink

___________________________________________________________________________________

Give me the simple life; an AK-47, a good guard dog and a nymphomaniac who owns a liquor store.

Posts: 820 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota/Florida's Gulf Coast | Registered: 23 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Paul,
Wish you and your father the very best. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. In the mean time, go hunting. You will always remember that time together. Godspeed.

Posts: 10328 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SemperFiHunter
posted Hide Post
Good luck, and Godspeed!
I hope to be able to do something similar for my old man some day.

You are a testament to your family's heritage.

Hope everything works out best for both of you.

Good Hunting,
SFH

REMANUS DURUS CORPS!

Posts: 65 | Location: Republic of Texas. | Registered: 16 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The last hunt I did with my father was in 1993. If it weren't for him, my passion for hunting would have likely never evolved.

I was only 21 then, but I had spent the past couple of years as a deer/elk guide here in CO. My father always wanted to kill a really big elk, just once in his life. I acquired a very good landowner license for him, and a deer tag for myself. I took him to a special place I knew of, and on opening day he shot a mid 380's bull. Two days later, I shot my largest personal muley, a 202" non-typical. We never hunted together again!

I wish I could have shared Africa with my father, but he was gone before we got the chance. Do this one for your dad, there's plenty more chances for you in the future.

Good luck to you guys!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
Thank you everyone for all of te kind words and for sharing your own experiences.
When it comes to our hunting trips, it is all about him - for me it always is.

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3465 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote