Find
Notify
Tools

Limpopo in October
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am heading to Limpopo in October.
I have always went earlier. Weather, Snakes,Bugs?
Thanks

Posts: 121 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 21 October 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
I hunted in Oct at the confluence of the Shashi and Limpopo. It was warm, but not too bad. Don't recall bugs being an issue, or snakes for that matter, but I am sure there will be variations within short distances on the last two.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Last time was in june and i got covered with ticks and got tick fever. Don't want that again

Posts: 121 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 21 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have been twice in October, the weather not too bad but it can get hot. Bugs were no problem and a few snakes seen but not bad.

Good Hunting,

Posts: 3143 | Location: Duluth, GA | Registered: 30 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It can get very hot and windy. The hot and dry weather is one of the reason why they sometimes call October the suicide month.

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2092 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
October will be very hot.

Drink lots of water.

Game will not travel far. You just need to handle the endless heat.

Try to get aircon for night. Even it you have to pay $1,000 to have it installed.

I work under ground and in the Aus out back so heat is not an issue.
Just reduce your movement speed by 50%.

But it kills the wife and kids.
Given the effect I would not go again with out air con. Given the effect on the non use to heat persons in the grope.

Regards Mark

Posts: 376 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 June 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bren7X64
posted Hide Post
Suicide month was applied more to the Zambezi valley rather than the Limpopo - not to make light of the heat there, but from what I have read and heard (from my father among others), the Zambezi valley in October is deadly.

Who knows - Aussies from Northern Queensland or the NT might find it pleasantly balmy ..... Smiler

--
Promise me, when I die, don't let my wife sell my guns for what I told I her I paid for them.

Posts: 1048 | Location: Canberra, Australia | Registered: 03 August 2012Reply With Quote