Find
Notify
Tools

Why shoot a zebra?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of prairiewolf
posted Hide Post
My wife said I could go to Africa only if I brought her a Zebra rug back, I thought that was fair. She got the rug . Now she wants a Zebra shoulder mount too.SmilerDidn't see that coming.It's going to take more than trip for this one. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Posts: 144 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 28 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
gooseblitz22, I do believe that was my Zebra, was it drinking from a pond?

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Why shoot a zebra? One good reason is, it's damn hard to get the hide off him while he's still alive!

jumping jumping jumping

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
prairiewolf, then she will want a pedistal mt like the one gooseblitz22's wife wants.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Why? They can be very wary, are tough if hit badly, make a beautiful rug or shoulder mount, scream Africa and they are very tasty.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12929 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Die Ou Jagter:
gooseblitz22, I do believe that was my Zebra, was it drinking from a pond?

yes it was! Very cool!

Posts: 88 | Location: Mt. Wolf PA | Registered: 17 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Ahmed: Great minds like ours, think alike. Smiler By the way, you will really enjoy your hippo mounted that way. It really takes visitors to the house by storm. Everyone immediately goes to it to inspect it. Cool Please make sure that you post a pic here on AR when it arrives.

One of Us
Picture of Karamojo Bill
posted Hide Post
My wife had a horse & won't let me take one so I'll go for DG instead.....Lion, leopard, cape buff, hippo, croc....No elephants though. I like them...unless ones's gonna stomp me BOOM

Karamojo Bill

At then end of my time here, I want to come skidding through the Pearly Gates & hear God say, "Whoa Boy, that was a hell of a ride!"

Posts: 118 | Location: Margaritaville, Oregon | Registered: 30 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of matt u
posted Hide Post
My first trip to south Africa I was unsure about hunting Zebra, but after hunting them I agree with the guys on this post. It was a very good hunt!!glad I took one.

also my wife wanted a rug.,but now I have to go kill another one for a pedistal mount

Posts: 1662 | Location: Winston,Georgia | Registered: 07 July 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
With a doubt the Zebra is the most wary animal I have hunted, after many hunts in Alaska, Canada and Colorado. When stalking Buffalo, Kongoni and Impala that were totally unaware of us, the Zebra had us busted from the get go and just faded away. I felt real proud of my PH and trackers when we finally supprised my Zebra, whose hide now sets on my fireplace. Good shooting.

phurley

Posts: 2354 | Location: KY | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have only hunted the Hartman's zebra, and they are very sporting to hunt, notoriously tough, and is the best wild game meat I've ever eaten. The steaks were just cut about an inch thick and cooked rare on the grill and were great. They are also a great trophy, the skin is on the carpet directly behind me right now.

A shot not taken is always a miss

Posts: 2788 | Location: gallatin, mo usa | Registered: 10 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RREESE
posted Hide Post
Another Reason.

NRA Endowment Member

Posts: 269 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 23 January 2008Reply With Quote