New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reno
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I know this is not directly about Africian Hunting, but it is the only forum I think I can get good info. I know this has been discussed before but I am looking for a good place to stay close to the SCI conv the Jan 2006 conv.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
"Altantis" right next to the conventon center, I'm staying there as well as alot of other AR members.

You can also go on SCI's web site under convention 2006 they list all the hotels in the area.

"America's Meat - - - SPAM"

As always, Good Hunting!!!

Widowmaker416

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
SCI runs busses from the Ren0-Sparks Convention Center to the hotels, including the downtown area. It is easy to use them to getaround.

I often stay at the Silver Legacy, as it is the host hotel for the Firearms Engravers and Gunmakers Guild Show, and also the Bladesmiths Exposition -- both overlap part of the SCI Convention.

jim

if you're too busy to hunt,you're too busy.

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Die Ou Jagter,

The S.C.I. website has Circus Circus charging $89.00 per night. The convention runs Wednesday,January 18 through Saturday January 21.If you check http://www.travelocity.com you can get
Tuesday,Wednesday,and Thursday night for $31.25
Friday is $61.25 and Saturday is $73.75. The average cost is $45.75 per night.

As Widowmaker posted a lot of AR members are staying at the Atlantis (including me).

Hope to meet you at the Convention.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9494 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I made reservations at the Atlantis way back when somebody (I can't remember who) posted on these boards that they had a discounted rate. I think we are paying $59.00 per night. The rate Kathi quoted at Circus Circus is a really good one. We stayed there last year and the accomodations were OK. I like the Atlantis because it is across the street from the Sparks center and you don't have to do the bus thing. I am looking forward to seeing a bunch of you at the convention and possibly for a libation or two one evening at the Atlantis.

THE LUCKIEST HUNTER ALIVE!

Posts: 853 | Location: St. Thomas, Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 08 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
patrkhntr

First of all, count me in at the Alantis one night.....

Second,
Thank Kathi for the great rate! I got in on that one too!! thumb

THANK YOU KATHI!!!! Big Grin

We should try and get together there one night!

"AR at the ALTANTIS" beer

"America's Meat - - - SPAM"

As always, Good Hunting!!!

Widowmaker416

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This post made me go back and double check my Atlantis reservations. Our 3 Tower rooms are in the computer. They do appear to be sold out so it might be smart for anyone else with reservations there to re-confirm.
Rich Elliott

Rich Elliott
Ethiopian Rift Valley Safaris

Posts: 2013 | Location: Crossville, IL 62827 USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote