Notify
Tools

If You Had An Extra $75K??
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 505ED:
I'd book a stone sheep and a bighorn sheep and finish my slam...

Ed

I'd book one or the other and save the remainder for a 2d attempt. I never seem to get a sheep on round one. Just spent 20 days bighorn hunting with no luck so maybe I'd get one and use the rest for my first attempt at Stone sheep.

Don

Trust only those who stand to lose as much as you do when things go wrong.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Perhaps a new used English Double and them go ElE Hunting
Or maybe a used English Pair of 12bs and then off to the Moors for Grouse

Posts: 1626 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
Tanzania for buffalo, use the rest for a brown bear hunt either with Mileur on Kodiak or Phil on the Peninsula

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Michael Douglas "The Ghost And The Darkness"

Posts: 4781 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
I'd run to Uganda, Cameroon, Ehtiopia or Tanzania and tell them to stop me when I just have enough left to get back home.

Roussos are like 3 or 4 years out, I'd pick that first but Cheri would have $75,000 spent before 3 years came.

I'd pick whichever one I could get into first. If it meant 21 days in the Caprivi, Zambia or Mozambique, then that is where I would go.

I don't see me figuring out how to do one of those without a gimme like this, anyone got any tips on making $180,000 plus a year?

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd go to Zambia for a month, 15 days in the Kafue and 15 days in the Luangwa.

It would be blast.

Go Duke!!

Posts: 1298 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A dall hunt in the NW Territories and then the best Colorado landowner 4th season deer tags I could find for the next 5 years.

One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Foot safari for Buffalo in nortthern Uganda then onto Namibia for non trophy big bodied Ele.
If any cash left, move on down into the Zambezi to track up a Lioness.
All with a bouble rifle.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would but three Heym Martini rifles in 375 h&h , 416 Rigby ,and 450 Rigby and then use each one of them to hunt caribou in my backyard.
No trophy fee,no dip&pack fee ,no tip,no other fees , get to enjoy eating fresh caribou meat and still have three beautiful rifle to use and enjoy
joe

Posts: 109 | Location: Nunavut CANADA | Registered: 21 June 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Champlin has a Rigby rising bite 470 NE that $75k would just about cover!

USMC Retired
DSC Life Member
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 730 | Location: Maryland Eastern Shore | Registered: 27 September 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'd buy my daughter a quality Yukon moose hunt. Then I'd take both of them to somewhere in Southern Africa for their choice of a plains game or a buffalo each.

I'd then have to start working overtime at a furious rate to support their future hunting trips. Cool

One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
I've actually been thinking about this for a while as I'm selling our duck club and am going to have some discretionary cash. I'm going to take my son to Tanzania to hunt with Alan Vincent and his parents in the Selous. I first hunted with Roy when Alan was about 10 and my son wasn't yet born. He's grown up knowing them, but never had a chance to hunt together. It'll be as much about old friends as anything else.

Posts: 3917 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd have to think about the specifics, but a group trip for two uncles, a cousin, and myself (the only hunters in the family, unfortunately). Probably moose in AK or elk in a proper tented camp somewhere out west. That should leave me enough left over to start planning the next trip.

Posts: 1449 | Location: New England | Registered: 22 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cable68
posted Hide Post
As quite a few others have said, Ethiopia for as much as the dollars would go.

Caleb

Posts: 1010 | Location: Texan in Muskogee, OK now moved to Wichita, KS | Registered: 28 February 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Re-clad the walls of my house then a plains game hunt in Namiba Big Grin

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 8053 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd try to get a hunt on six continents.

Posts: 296 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 22 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
I'd run to Uganda, Cameroon, Ehtiopia or Tanzania and tell them to stop me when I just have enough left to get back home.

Roussos are like 3 or 4 years out, I'd pick that first but Cheri would have $75,000 spent before 3 years came.

I'd pick whichever one I could get into first. If it meant 21 days in the Caprivi, Zambia or Mozambique, then that is where I would go.

I don't see me figuring out how to do one of those without a gimme like this, anyone got any tips on making $180,000 plus a year?

Tips on $180,000/ year? It’s easy. 4 years of college, 4 years of med school, and 4-6 years(or more) of speciality training. No problem after that.....

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13449 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Maybe I'd give it to DSCF or anti poaching groups.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3458 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Interesting ideas!

My hips are too bad for ellie hunting (not to mention the 60 lb'ers I already have).

Perhaps a brown bear hunt from a boat???

BH63

Hunting buff is better than sex!

Posts: 2205 | Registered: 29 December 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

I think I would do a whole season of wing shooting in the UK - starting on 12 August with driven grouse in Scotland and then partridge in the South and then high pheasant in Yorkshire and finishing up with flighting and walked up woodcock in Scotland in December. Shooting quality birds on the weekends with a group of good friends and excellent catering and wines!

Now that would be money well spent!

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2327 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Charlie64:

I think I would do a whole season of wing shooting in the UK - starting on 12 August with driven grouse in Scotland and then partridge in the South and then high pheasant in Yorkshire and finishing up with flighting and walked up woodcock in Scotland in December. Shooting quality birds on the weekends with a group of good friends and excellent catering and wines!

Now that would be money well spent!

Nice taste!

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
East Africa hunt. Buff hunt and PG in Tanzania, then addon for Nile buff and PG in Uganda afterwards. Since I`m not interested in cats, I guess I could do this for 75 k.

Posts: 1091 | Location: Norway | Registered: 08 June 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BuffHunter63:
Interesting ideas!

My hips are too bad for ellie hunting (not to mention the 60 lb'ers I already have).

Perhaps a brown bear hunt from a boat???

BH63

If your hips are bad, a brown bear hunt (even from a boat) may be too much of a challenge. You might get lucky and get a bear on the beach, but if not the walking can be pretty tough.

Perhaps you should consider a Regenexx procedure. Look it up (www.regenexx.com), they use stem cell therapy to re-grow cartilege in joints. I'm considering having it done in my knee as it's largely bone on bone. It costs about what a mule deer or elk hunt does, but if I could get back to where my knees were 6-7 years ago, then I'll be able to confidently hunt Wyoming bighorns when I draw in a few years (sitting on 20 preference points).

Posts: 3917 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
Caprivi, Namibia for Elephant, Buffalo, Hippo, and assorted other game.

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3110 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would have Westley Richards make me a .577 double and hunt trophy elephant...or go hunting polar bear with the inuits...decisions..

Posts: 3974 | Location: Vell, I yust dont know.. | Registered: 27 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I guess its good not all hunters had an xtra $75k....No game left....:lol

DRSS: HQ Scandinavia. Chapters in Sweden & Norway

Posts: 2805 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would pay off my last couple hunts... Big Grin

And then start charging more!!! dancing

Posts: 11636 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jungleboy
posted Hide Post
Leopard Hunt: 35,000
-Sango/Zimbabwe with Thierry Labat

2 Non-exportable elephant: 25,000
-Caprivi/Namibia with Karl Stumpfe

Driven Red Grouse: 15,000
-Scotland with Kiri (Fallow Buck on AR)

For me, this would be a dream set-up!

Posts: 521 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 04 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
If I Had An Extra $75K??

I'd wonder what went wrong -- why did I not give and spend it already.

Okay, I'll play. Ethiopia, mountain nyala, finally.

Posts: 4885 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote