THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Is it customary to give your PH the bird upon arrival?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is it customary to give your PH the bird upon arrival?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of ElCaballero
posted
I recieved my 2004 Safari video from Saeed today and couldn't wait so I watched the first 10 minutes or so. I noticed that Ray gave the PH the finger as the plane was coming to a stop. Is this the cusomary greeting of the African bush? I just want to make sure I get it right when I get the chance to go. jump

As a general rule, people are nuts!
spinksranch.com

Posts: 2095 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 02 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of baboon
posted Hide Post
I am not really sure if that is,but I can tell you that after sharing a room with my P.H. in Reno during SCI he would wake me from a sound sleep to tell me that I was farting.To which I would always reply "SHUT THE #UCK UP".Now this has become a very common greeting for us to say.

Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war;
That this foul deed shall smell above the earth
With carrion men, groaning for burial.

Posts: 1107 | Location: Houston Texas | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A PH of one safari never fails to say to me, "You're full of sh*t" and he is always smiling when he says it. We built a very good rapport with each other so I find it hilarious everytime he says it (I've seen him in SC since the safari). He will say it several times in the course of an hour. Razzer

Posts: 64 | Location: Lowcountry, SC | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Boss Kongoni
posted Hide Post
It depends on which country your're hunting in.

In former French Colony countrys you are expected to crotch kick the PH.

If you can't smell his breath, your're not close enough!

Posts: 980 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boss Kongoni:
It depends on which country your're hunting in.

In former French Colony countrys you are expected to crotch kick the PH.

roflmao

Posts: 1357 | Location: Texas | Registered: 17 August 2002Reply With Quote