Find
Notify
Tools

Videos in Europe
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Nevster
posted
This was a question mainly for the european based members of this forum.

Do any of you know where us euros can get hold of hunting DVD's such as Boddington on Buffalo or any of the capstick, or dare i say it, mark sullivan dvds or videos??? I havent been able to find anywhere in the UK where i can get these.

I dont mind paying US$50 for these DVD's but the shipping from the states is the same price as the DVD, so its costing around $150 for 2 DVD's!!!

So i was just wondering if any of you guys have a secret hunting video supplier??? Wink

Or if any of you guys from the US s passing through the UK soon and could bring me over a copy it would be much appreciated.

Posts: 168 | Location: London,UK | Registered: 10 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Have you tried E-bay? Shipping to the UK shouldn't be $50 US ...probably around $20 US for Priority Mail. I don't know about paying the Import Duty.

DB Bill aka Bill George

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nevster
posted Hide Post
The sellers on Ebay only seem to ship to the states.

I have tried a few different places in the states, including Cabelas and the shipping comes close to $50 for a couple of DVD's.

At least you guys in the states have easy access to stuff to keep you entertained hunting wise. Here in the UK there is nothing!!

Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Nevster,

I'll be in London for 4 days in late June. I could bring some over for you. How would I get them to you once I'm in London?

Regards,

Terry

Msasi haogopi mwiba [A hunter is not afraid of thorns]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Irish Paul
posted Hide Post
F.Y.I.

NTSC videos will not play on the standard PAL European machines.

If you have a DVD player that can play both the NTSC standard and the PAL standard, then you will still run into problems regarding the Region Code of the DVD. A Multi-region DVD player will work.
Failing that you MAY be able to play them on the DVD player in your laptop or PC.

To summarize: you will need a Multi-Region, PAL/NTSC compatible DVD player to watch in Europe DVD's purchased in the USA.

Never use a cat's arse to hold a tea-towel.

Posts: 280 | Location: California/Ireland | Registered: 01 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nevster
posted Hide Post
Thanks Terry that would be very kind of you.

The easiest way would be to probably just post them to me or i could come meet you in London. It depends what dates your going to be in London.

I will PM you nearer the time if thats ok to make a plan. I will still keep looking for a retailer here in europe in the meantime just in case there is one.

Irish Paul: Thanks for the advice, your right I will need to get DVD's. I have a multi-region player so it wont be a problem playing DVD's from the US.

posted Hide Post
Nevster,

Never noticed your post before, but I've just asked a similar question!

With regards the new Boddington DVD I ordered it direct from Boddingtons site and it cost me the huge sum of $46 delivered to the UK via airmail..Anyone trying to charge you $75 for DVD is ripping you off good style!

Regards,

Pete

Double checking my emails, I actually ended up dealing with Safari Classic Productions via the email address TDanklef@aol.com
The guy there was very helpful and advised the DVDs were in fact multiregional..

Posts: 5684 | Location: North Wales UK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
With regards the new Boddington DVD I ordered it direct from Boddingtons site and it cost me the huge sum of $46 delivered to the UK via airmail..Anyone trying to charge you $75 for DVD is ripping you off good style!

Agree, I also had the Boddington DVD mailed to Europe, and it was nowhere close to $75 for shipping. I can't remember exactly what the charge was, maybe $20 or something?? I also have stuff shipped from Safari Press, Amazon etc all the time, and don't find shipping charges prohibitive.
- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nevster
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, i guess i will order it directly from his site then.

One of Us
Picture of Nevster
posted Hide Post
thats it ordered, came to $45.90 so around £30 not to bad for 3 hrs worth of buff hunting Big Grin

cheers

Craig.