THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Rhino poaching: 4 foreigners sentenced

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rhino poaching: 4 foreigners sentenced
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Alan Bunn
posted
Rhino poaching: 4 foreigners sentenced

Polokwane - Four foreign nationals were sentenced in the Modimolle Regional Court on Thursday for attempted rhino poaching, Limpopo police said.

Alpheus Mokale, of the province's stock theft unit, said the four were found trying to poach rhino on a nature reserve in Lephalale in July this year, but were arrested.

"They were arrested before they could kill any rhino," he said.

Zimbabwean Jimmy Monyana, 27, was sentenced to six years' imprisonment - three years for illegal hunting, and another three years for possession of an unlicensed firearm and ammunition.

Joseph Vineni, 29, and Edison Manyiki, 33, both Zimbabwean, were each sentenced to three years' imprisonment for illegal hunting, and Mozambican national Alec Baloyi, 33, was sentenced to three years on the same charge.

"A Mercedes-Benz that they were found using at the time of the attempted crime was also confiscated by the State," Mokale said.

- SAPA

Cheers,

~ Alan

Life Member NRA
Life Member SCI

email: editorusa(@)africanxmag(dot)com

African Expedition Magazine: http://www.africanxmag.com/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/alan.p.bunn

Twitter: http://twitter.com/EditorUSA

Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. ~Keller

To be persuasive we must be believable; to be believable we must be credible; to be credible we must be truthful. ~ Murrow

Posts: 1112 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 09 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
GOOD! Now they need to do the same for the bunch from OOA, and their cohorts!

................. Mad

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You have to admit using a Mercedes to poach Rhino is a step up...

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree ! Smiler

Posts: 282 | Location: France / Germany  | Registered: 23 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
hard to claim "subsistance" poaching while driving a Mercedes.... thumbdown

Birmingham, Al

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just curious? Were any of the four people convicted members of SCI or it's Executive Committee?? Wink Thought maybe the Mercedes might be a connection factor?

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Sellers:
Just curious? Were any of the four people convicted members of SCI or it's Executive Committee?? Wink Thought maybe the Mercedes might be a connection factor?

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

animal animal animal animal animal animal animal

That one just made me spit a mouthful of Earl Grey tea all over my damn keyboard!

One of Us
Picture of twoseventy
posted Hide Post
quote:

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

If you are reaching this far out for reasons to bash SCI, maybe....

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, duke of York

". . . when a man has shot an elephant his life is full." ~John Alfred Jordan

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

Cogito ergo venor- KPete

“It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker, that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own self-interest. We address ourselves, not to their humanity but to their self-love, and never talk to them of our own necessities but of their advantages.”
― Adam Smith - “Wealth of Nations”

Posts: 985 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 12 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member
i think one was a past president( he used a Mercedes since a chopper wasn't handy), one was the president-elect( business partner/attourney for the other 3), and one had the most record book entries in the shot-from-a-chopper category. fourth guy was just your basic life member on holiday.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13239 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
quote:

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member
i think one was a past president( he used a Mercedes since a chopper wasn't handy), one was the president-elect( business partner/attourney for the other 3), and one had the most record book entries in the shot-from-a-chopper category. fourth guy was just your basic life member on holiday.

These clowns sound like a couple of DSC twits. flame

Posts: 861 | Registered: 17 September 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
i'll have you know i never even been to Dallas, although i am giving it serious consideration after learning the SCI President-elect is the attourney/ business partner of Dawie Groenwald. what's the old expression about birds of a feather flocking together?

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13239 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote