THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Video clip of a 60lb ele getting pretty close - from our trip 2 weeks ago

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Video clip of a 60lb ele getting pretty close - from our trip 2 weeks ago
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted
Buzz estimated this guy at 60-65 lbs on his good side. For reference, the tree in front of us is at 12 yards, so the bull gets to about 15 yards. We were on a big granite outcrop that was 8 or so feet high, so that is why we aren't looking up at him. This will be part of a Nosler's Magnum TV show that will be out in 2011.

Hope this link works and you enjoy...just click on the video thumbnail...then if you want to enlarge it, there is a rounded rectangle that makes it full screen.
Bull Ele Encounter

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Tim,

Nice piece of video. He seemed to be moving rather slowly for a full out charge, but he still had room to pick up speed. Who was your cameraman?

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I thought he was coming too! It scared me from here.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Nice looking bull. I would checked on an immediate quota upgrade. You could tell it was a mock charge and that his heart was not really in it. When they come for keeps, there is no mistaking it.

Mike

Posts: 21380 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
We had watched him for 15 minutes...quota was gone, or I would have been broke now!

We all felt he was mock charging up until the point that he lowered his head and kicked it into gear...of course that was my first aggressive elephant situation, so it was pretty exciting...Cameraman was Jon Aaseng who works for us...Justin was filming Lee Britt, and he got an absolutely wonderful buff kill on film.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Charging or not, some pretty nice tusks.

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19333 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
I don't get the belief that it is not charging. If Buzz hadn't shot it looked like the bull was bringing it home, to me anyway.

And there is Tim with no gun (apparently). Smiler

Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.

One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Will, I am the first to say that I am not an ele hunting expert, but Buzz chose to shoot, and afterwards I asked if it was a charge or bluff. He said he wasn't sure either way, but he felt like there was enough of a chance that it was real to shoot the shot to try to turn the bull. It was real enough for me, and it is a memory that I will cherish forever. I am very glad we have it on video...no, I had a gun (leaning on my hip no doubt), but I was taking snapshots on my still camera the whole time (stupid, I know). Tracker was carrying my .300 in case we saw a sable.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
tim@trophyadventures.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I couldn't find the video thumbnail to click on. Damn. Help?

Posts: 1981 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
when you click the link, there should be a small video box with the back of a hat on it and a description out to the side. Just click the video box...

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
tim@trophyadventures.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tim Herald:
when you click the link, there should be a small video box with the back of a hat on it and a description out to the side. Just click the video box...

Nothing like that on my screen. Guess I lose out

Posts: 1700 | Location: USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
sorry guys...I clicked straight through again. No idea why some folks can see it and some can't. It is on our TV show's facebook page...right in the middle of the screen. I don't know why it won't work for you...

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
tim@trophyadventures.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very, very cool. Thanks for sharing.

Must have been a hell of an experience. Close enough to raise some pulses.

What rifle was Buzz using?

Posts: 392 | Location: Pretoria, South Africa | Registered: 30 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now it works, thank you for posting. I will spend the next 5 months hoping no one else shoots him!

Posts: 1981 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AfricanHunter:
quote:
Originally posted by Tim Herald:

Nothing like that on my screen. Guess I lose out

Sometimes the video box (screen) shows up showing the back of Buzz's goofy hat and sometimes it doesn't. Just have to keep closing and opening the link until it works.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good video---thanks for posting1
Gets me even more fired up for my first effort at killing one of these magnificient beast in Bots in 2012!

Posts: 696 | Location: Soddy Daisy, TN USA | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
absolutely stunningly beautiful animal
and a very cool experience !!

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
An entertaining piece of footage but I just cannot figure out why the continued need to whisper once the cannon has boomed!

One of Us
Picture of Von Gruff
posted Hide Post
Great piece of footage and I can certainly understand the guy saying he could go home happy now. That really is SEEING THE ELEPHANT.

Von Gruff.

Von Gruff.

http://www.vongruffknives.com/

Gen 12: 1-3

Exodus 20:1-17

Acts 4:10-12

Posts: 2687 | Location: South Otago New Zealand. | Registered: 08 February 2009Reply With Quote