Re: Africase Shell Holders
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Heritage Arms
posted
Thanks, Mike!

see you soon!

Aleko

Posts: 1573 | Location: USA, most of the time  | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
<allen day>
posted
Does Africase also make a shell holder that does NOT have a flap? I'd like a 10-round leather shell holder without a flap for .416 Remington..........

AD

Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
I have some 10 rounders from Murray Custom Leather for my .416 Rem. Very good products. Scroll down the the C-2 model, available both in all leather and elastic loops.

Regards,

Terry

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Allen,

I think Boyt Harness makes some ammo wallets without flaps. Might also look at Cabelas, I think I've seen them there.

Les

Posts: 1261 | Location: Clearwater, FL and Union Pier, MI | Registered: 24 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Allen, Westley Richards also makes flapped and unflapped models. I've used the unflapped on at least four trips to Africa and they work well.

Geronimo

Posts: 816 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Terry, which Murray model do you use, elastic or leather?? Leather looks the best, but leather is actually less than optimal for (longer term) cartridge storage due to corrosion. How durable would elastic be in the bush?? Other considerations?

- mike

The Murray product will not carrode your ammo! They are the only leather ones I know of that won't!

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Terry, which Murray model do you use, elastic or leather?? Leather looks the best, but leather is actually less than optimal for (longer term) cartridge storage due to corrosion. How durable would elastic be in the bush?? Other considerations?
- mike

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote