Find
Notify
Tools

Just where is the black hole?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Will
posted
I am curious as to why some of these posts just disappear.

One spends the time to attempt to make intelligent replies and comments and the next thing I know the whole thread is just gone.

Huh?

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19369 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Will:

One spends the time to attempt to make intelligent replies and comments and the next thing I know the whole thread is just gone.

Huh?

Bill,

Any post that is irrelevant to African hunting is either moved to the Misc Forum or deleted.

This morning I deleted a For Sale Post.

The Classified is for that not this forum.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68793 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bill - I guess the fact I was wondering about the CZ 550 FS to use on my upcoming Namibia (AFRICA) hunt is irrelevant and inappropriate to some. Also I didn't even see a Misc Forum?? I appreciate all you comments guys it was really helpful and was looking at continuing the verbage. But I guess I got an early Christmas present from Saeed, NOT. I really had gotten into this forum and have a lot of respect for most who post here. I will most likely go find another place since the "welcome committee" here has gone South. Oh what a little power does to some!! Have a great Holiday Season.

Larry Sellers

quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:

Huh?

Bill,

Any post that is irrelevant to African hunting is either moved to the Misc Forum or deleted.

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
In Saeed's defense, I think your post must have got axed by mistake, as I didn't see it as any different than most other posts.

I searched for my comments on your post and it is nowhere to be found. Try again?

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19369 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Will - Thanks again, but would think Moderators would take a little more care? I'll wait for a reply from those that run this place before posting it up again. I'll PM you with those additional questions. Have a good Holiday.

Larry Sellers

quote:
In Saeed's defense, I think your post must have got axed by mistake, as I didn't see it as any different than most other posts.

I searched for my comments on your post and it is nowhere to be found. Try again?

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Sellers:
Thanks Bill - I guess the fact I was wondering about the CZ 550 FS to use on my upcoming Namibia (AFRICA) hunt is irrelevant and inappropriate to some. Also I didn't even see a Misc Forum?? I appreciate all you comments guys it was really helpful and was looking at continuing the verbage. But I guess I got an early Christmas present from Saeed, NOT. I really had gotten into this forum and have a lot of respect for most who post here. I will most likely go find another place since the "welcome committee" here has gone South. Oh what a little power does to some!! Have a great Holiday Season.

Larry Sellers

quote:
quote:

Huh?

Bill,

Larry,

Anything for sale should be posted on the Classified Forum. Not here.

If you feel that this rule is not agreeable to you, feel free to go wherever you wish.

And please don't make it sound like a threat that you are going to leave, no one is going to stop you leaving here.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68793 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed - no threats, but you obviously have me mixed up with someone else??? I have or never ever had "ANYTHING " for sale on here!!! My thread was titled "CZ 550 FS"? I was simply asking for advice about this particular gun and the calibur choices for an upcoming AFRICAN hunt in Namibia. Nothing, nothing, nothing was EVER mentioned about ANYTHING for SALE. A lot of good folks gave some really good info and I think if you ask them they will confirm the facts that nothing on that thread ever mentioned ANYTHING FOR SALE. Please confir with Will, Bill/Oregon if you wish to verify my statements. This post was not irrelevant or break any AR rules.

Larry Sellers

quote:
quote:

Larry Sellers

quote:
quote:

Huh?

Bill,

Larry,

Anything for sale should be posted on the Classified Forum. Not here.

If you feel that this rule is not agreeable to you, feel free to go wherever you wish.

And please don't make it sound like a threat that you are going to leave, no one is going to stop you leaving here.

one of us
Picture of jpb
posted Hide Post
Larry

In common internet shorthand, "FS" means "For Sale"

Saeed (or whomever) quite likely saw the FS and thought it was an ad, rather than a specific rifle model (can't expect to know them all, you know!).

Seems pretty clear to me that a moderator moved what they thought was an ad to a more appropriate place. Don't take it so personal -- life is too short! Smiler

Also, if you re-post (and want any replies!), leave the "FS" off or otherwise re-word your subject line. I'll bet 90% of readers will not read your post because they will think it is an ad (myself included).

John

quote:
Saeed - no threats, but you obviously have me mixed up with someone else??? I have or never ever had "ANYTHING " for sale on here!!! My thread was titled "CZ 550 FS"?

Posts: 1006 | Location: northern Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Larry,
Try "CZ 550 Full Stock for Namibian Safari" next time maybe? Wink Easy to see how Saeed might have given the thread a boot by knee jerk reaction to the "FS" as pointed out above.

I did read your thread and had nothing else to add to it since Will and others were doing so well. I will vouch for you that it included nothing about "For Sale" in it.

My 9.3x62mm CZ 550 Medium Full Stock is so nice that it is not FS. Wink

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks RIP - Since I have never tried to sell anything on the Internet had no idea that someone would take FS as a given that I was trying to sell something?? It would have been nice if the Moderator had at least read the thread or contacted me about it. Oh well things happen and am sorry I may have jumped to conclusions myself. Have a great Holiday Season.

Larry Sellers

quote:
Originally posted by RIP:
Larry,
Try "CZ 550 Full Stock for Nambian Safari" next time maybe? Wink Easy to see how Saeed might have given the thread a boot by knee jerk reaction to the "FS" as pointed out above.

I did read your thread and had nothing else to add to it since Will and others were doing so well. I will vouch for you that it included nothing about "For Sale" in it.

My 9.3x62mm CZ 550 Medium Full Stock is so nice that it is not FS. Wink

one of us
Picture of Steve Malinverni
posted Hide Post
uuuhhh, a lot of very serious people On AR forum.I'biting my tongue and fingers to avoid to joke on the title of the topic and the placement description of the Black hole...... Razzer Big Grin

bye
Stefano
Waidmannsheil

Posts: 1653 | Location: Milano Italy | Registered: 04 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Steve - my tounge is bleeding cheers

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am curious why some forum rules are enforced in one area and not another?

"There always seems to be a big market for making the clear, complex."

Posts: 1372 | Location: USA | Registered: 18 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, I did read the subject and assumed that FS meant Full Stock, perhaps because I have a CZ 550 FS in 7x57! It is NOT For Sale!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
tHE TITLE OF THIS THREAD, "Just where is the black hole?" got me thinking of a girl I once knew---hah -hah ----

I better not say anything more!!!! Ha-ha haha animal

nothin sweeter than the smell of fresh blood on your hunting boots

Posts: 746 | Location: don't know--Lost my GPS | Registered: 10 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve Malinverni
posted Hide Post
Better than I'd not been the first to answer.
I remember a topic on huntamerica.com where I explained one of the meaning of the word member in Italian (a workaround to say penis in some serious contest). It has been when I became Big Memeber of that site Roll Eyes
I remember that the topic became flaming and red hot.

bye
Stefano
Waidmannsheil

Posts: 1653 | Location: Milano Italy | Registered: 04 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's funny how people get on this free site and expect a "welcome committee". Like somehow they are owed something. I for one, think the way Saeed's reply was perfect! I wish there were more like him.