Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Great Deal on Shirts
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of cwilson
posted
I ordered a couple of these shirts as well, but did it via telephone. I did not get the additional $2 discount. THe nice lady said that the $2 discount could not be given on the item since it was a clearance item, and that ordering online would not make a differnce. I did not feel like getting in an arguement over $4, but something goofy is going on.

Posts: 715 | Location: Boswell, PA, USA | Registered: 20 December 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
cwilson,

Someone else emailed me and said that they didn't get the $2.00 discount when they ordered on the phone. Looks like the internet is the only way to get the discount.

I just got my order today. Depending on your monitor, I'm not certain the pictures above give a true color. The shirts are more dark khaki/light brown (a great color for Africa - without being too dark so as to be hot).

Regards,

Terry

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Cabelas appears to have slightly changed the color "Bucksin" (obviously different dye lots when you buy more than 2 years apart).

A side-by-side comparison of my old L/S shirt (on left) and the new S/S shirt (on the right).

Sorry if I misled anyone. I think the new color is still a good color for Africa (and a good price for the shirts). They'll probably lighten up after a few washings in river water and after being ironed with a charcoal iron.

Regards,

Terry

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Im ordering a couple of the shirts. I looked around and they have some good deals on Browning stuff as well. Some similar shirts as the ones mentioned for the same price as well.

Theres also these multi-tools. Not sure on quality, but you get two for 9.99... OE-513830

They have 60/40 blends of the trail shirts as well. The ones above are 100% cotton. Heres the number OE-901169

Posts: 935 | Location: USA | Registered: 03 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Terry, I got mine today, I have no problem with the color, Its just a huntin shirt, will do just fine. I also bought the stone which is a light Kahaki, its just fine too. I should have bought a couple more.

Good shirts for the money.

Thanks, Billy

Posts: 1868 | Location: League City, Texas | Registered: 11 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Terry...

Thanks for the heads up. Got mine Friday and they are well worth the money. Very comfortable.

Posts: 733 | Location: N. Illinois | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice shirts for the money and some. Got mine in the mail today.

Thanks for the tip. The sale flier came with the order!