Tools

Re: Great Deal on Shirts
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Guys,

These are still available.

Terry ... Thanks for the heads up!

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I really enjoy these shirtsand this is a good price on them. Cabela's will run internet-only specials sometimes that will only be good on certain colors and sizes - clearing out excess inventory I guess.

Dago Red - These shirts are great for Summertime in Fresno. I bought mine specifically for field work in the heat where I'll need long sleeves and a collar for protection from the sun and lightweight cotton for breathability. Plus, these shirts have two expanding pockets for all of that gear that needs to be kept handy!

Posts: 99 | Location: Clovis, CA | Registered: 02 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Hey Terry. THANK YOU for the great info. I ordered two and I loved the fit and feel of the material so i ordered 4 more in different colors. GREAT SHIRTS! jorge

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Terry......getting ready for '05.

Bob

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Terry, I think I am going to order them anyways because of the price, but just curious, how is the weight of them? Do they breath well?

Thanks very much for the tip, I wonder if Cabelas sent me one of those and I just didn't see it.

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the tip. Got two long sleeve, $27 delivered. Such a deal.

Posts: 371 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 April 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Dago Red,

They are 5 ounce all cotton. Tough enough to be long wearing, but light enough for summer wear. I wore them in the Selous and they were fine (it was in the mid-80's F and humid).

The durability of 100% cotton with a soft brushed texture. Lightweight 5 ounce fabric provides such welcome washed cotton comfort you'll want to wear one of these shirts every day. The soft-weave cotton provides breathability and absorbency that keeps you cool.

Regards,

Terry

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CFA
posted Hide Post
Terry

Thanks for the heads up on the shirts, grat buy.

Fred

Posts: 465 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 15 October 2003Reply With Quote
<mikeh416Rigby>
posted
T.Carr-thanks for the notice. I ordered 2 long sleeve, and 2 short sleeve in 2XL for $37.80 + shipping. Great deal! What more could you ask for?, almost 50% off before the $2.00 promotional discount. WOW!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I picked up a couple of long and short sleeve shirts as well.
Jason

Posts: 575 | Location: VA | Registered: 20 March 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
I got Cabelas Inventory Clearance Sale Catalog and found that they have their "Soft canvas Trail Shirts" on sale.

They have the color called "Buckskin" [this color hasn't been in their catalog for over 2 years]. It's a good African color [I call it "medium Khaki" my wife calls it "tobacco colored"]. I have two of the long sleeve shirts I bought a couple of years ago.

The shirt is not a true safari shirt [no epulets or tabs to roll up the sleeves]. But it is a good weight [5 ounce all cotton] light enough for hot days and tough enough for the thorns.

Here's the kicker - the long sleeve shirts are $10.95 each and the short sleeve shirts are $7.95 each. {At least these are the prices for size XL - I didn't check the price on other sizes}.

The only way to access the shirts are to do a "Quick Catalog Order" (upper left hand side of Cabelas Web Page).

Type in KE-90-0007 for long sleeve

Type in KE-90-0865 for short sleeve

I can't find a webpage at Cabelas which shows the Buckskin color but here is a link to the webpage with a description of the shirt SHIRT

The final price won't show up until you go to check out and there is a $2.00/per shirt discount (when buying 2 or more shirts) bringing the cost down to $10.95 L/S and $7.95 S/S.

I ordered two in the short sleeve. You should of seen Carol roll her eyes. It's OK, I found a sweater for her. Gotta even things out.

Regards,

Terry

P.S.

Sizes and colors may be limited.

Pics of me wearing one of these shirts (so you can see the color).

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
<mikeh416Rigby>
posted
That's exactly how mine appeared as well.

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
I ordered the shirts and did not get the discount...Whatdid I do wrong???? Would not give me the $2.00 discount....??????????

Mike

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Mike,

I just noticed that the $2.00 discount is when you order 2 or more shirts. (I edited my first post). Also, the discount won't show up until you have gone to checkout (the final screen before you put in your credit card info - so you still have time to cancel the order if you want).

They show a price of $12.95 L/S and $9.95 S/S until you go to final checkout, then the $2.00 discount should show up.

Regards,

Terry