one of us
Picture of hamdeni
posted
i will be hunting buffalo in Tanzania,my choice of caliber will be 375h

------------------

Posts: 1846 | Location: uae | Registered: 30 May 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
With!!!

Posts: 1148 | Location: The Hunting Fields | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Definitely with scope. Your first shot at a buffalo is the most important. A good scope helps you place that shot as close to perfectly as possible.

It also helps you see your target better in dim light.

Where will you be hunting in Tanzania? I'll be in the Moyowosi in November.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fritz Kraut
posted Hide Post
Put a good peep-sight at the rifle. If you train your skill with the rifle at the range, you will hit sufficiently well with that.

It can�t be denied that you have a clearer view through a scope, but you don�t shoot better with it. Scopes are often over-estimated, although they are quite helpful and necessary for smaller animals at longer distances.

Fritz

Posts: 846 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 19 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hamdeni
posted Hide Post
thank's john for the advice.what kind of scope would you recommend?

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have hunted the Selous a couple of times and I would recommend a scope on a 375 as there is much open country there and large burns...I hunt with irons and a douple with a scoped rifle that is carried by my tracker or one of the camp staff..I have only used once. But I am a iron sight person, because I like them, no other reason...

I would recommend a 1x4X Leupold in Quick Detachable Talley Rings and bases.

------------------
Ray Atkinson

ray@atkinsonhunting.com
atkinsonhunting.com

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hamdeni
posted Hide Post
Thank's for the advice.i will be hunting with a cousin in ngere ngere forest.
quote:
Originally posted by GeorgeS:
Definitely with scope. Your first shot at a buffalo is the most important. A good scope helps you place that shot as close to perfectly as possible.

It also helps you see your target better in dim light.

Where will you be hunting in Tanzania? I'll be in the Moyowosi in November.

George

one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Wish I could argue about this, but a scope all the way. A Leupold 1.5-5X, with Warne QD rings, has always worked well for me.

Good hunting.

Posts: 19317 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Hamdeni-
I would pick a Leupold 1.5-6x, it gathers more light than the straight tubed models and has as much eye relief as one will need on a 375. If you happen to be leopard hunting the larger obj. diameter will be of great benefit in the low light conditions.

Posts: 1148 | Location: The Hunting Fields | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hamdeni,
I use a Leopold 1.75-6x32mm with the heavy duplex reticle on my .375H&H. The crosshairs show up good in low light conditions against a dark animal or backgound.
Ralph

Posts: 284 | Location: Plant City, Fl,USA | Registered: 12 April 2001Reply With Quote
<JMeier>
posted
Not that I know anything, but on my 375H7H i USE A 1.75-6X32MMe, and it works. At least I'm happy with it.

JMeier

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mine wears a leupold 1.75x6Ex32 heavy duplex. I think it's the perfect scope for a .375.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ditto on the Leupold VIII 1.75-6x 32mm. My .375 H&H wears one as well.

Posts: 1430 | Location: California | Registered: 21 February 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Hamdeni,

Welcome to the forum.

I would recommend a Leupold 2.5-8X if you intend to use your 375 H&H for all other game as well.

------------------
saeed@ emirates.net.ae

www.accuratereloading.com

Posts: 67001 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote