New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amazing Photos Of Lioness's Miss
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
I have posted these photos a while back before, but thought of posting them again for the benefit of those who have had not seen them.

Posts: 67019 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Lotta tight sphincters in that photo.

Great action though.

Posts: 19170 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
So that's where the "spring" in springbok comes from

Posts: 3293 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Now that is stick in your throat action...

Thanks again Saeed...

Mike

Posts: 6767 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Redlander
posted Hide Post
This why you run "through" the tackle. Never dance with a running back. I've seen linebackers with the same look on their face as that lion after "wiffing" on Barry Sanders or Emmitt Smith. Those that know something of American football will know what I am talking about.

Only 2.5 more months until the Dallas Cowboys start wupping @ss again . I am a hopeless FANatic, what can I say, "Dandy" Don Meredith was born and raised in the same town as my mother. I bleed Blue and Silver.

Posts: 842 | Location: Anchorage, AK | Registered: 23 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That second shot is incredible!

Did you happen to take the shots Saeed?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I love the last photo! It's as if the lioness herself is perplexed as to how exactly she managed to miss.

Best,

JohnTheGreek

Posts: 4697 | Location: North Africa and North America | Registered: 05 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of gas57
posted Hide Post
Great shots, did you take them, do you have others?
Jeff in texas

Posts: 903 | Location: Texas | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice photos. Were these taken at the waterhole at Okaukuejo in Etosha Park in Namibia. The reason I ask is I took a series of very similar photos when I was stationed in Namibia with the U.N. in 1989. The background is almost identical. I would post a copy of them, but I have no idea how to. The lioness got the springbok in mine, however, the male took over after the kill.

Posts: 41 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 21 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Okay, I did a search and found instructions on posting photos. Here goes.
[image]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid117/pe5746f1986e23aa3b04d9835f315d0fa/f89c1839.jpg.thumb[/image]
[image]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid117/pe5746f1986e23aa3b04d9835f315d0fa/f89c1839.jpg.thumb[/image]

Posts: 41 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 21 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Obviously that didn't work.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Okay, I will try again

one of us
posted Hide Post
I wish I were smarter....any idea what I am doing wrong?

one of us
Picture of Outdoor Writer
posted Hide Post
Go back and edit the links in the message by removing the .thumb from each one so each link end with .jpg -TONY

Posts: 3269 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much. That seems to be working now. I guess my next question is, how you put more than one picture on the post. Everytime I go back to copy the address I have to start over again because the AR site closes. (One of these days I might figure out how to use this computer).

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have got to try this again. Here are a couple of more from the same sequence.

one of us
Picture of Hobie
posted Hide Post
Your photos didn't show up here until after I tried to post the links myself. Now what is up with that? Cool pics.

Posts: 2324 | Location: Staunton, VA | Registered: 05 September 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
No sir I did not.

Thye are from a book I had here - seems to have developed legs and walked away!

I am going to start a "lending" list, and fine those who don't bring my books back on time.

They are taken in Namibia.

Posts: 67019 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Absolutely incredible. Must have taken a quick fingered photographer or a high speed camera to get that sequence.
Come to think of it Namibia would be a good place for these pictures with concentrations of game around waterholes...
How is Etosha, do they make you sleep behind fences like in Kruger??

Posts: 2359 | Location: London | Registered: 31 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mom must have been a VERY mad cat...
s

Posts: 1805 | Location: American Athens, Greece | Registered: 24 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, dude, you guys have the Big Tuna down there as the head coach. You guys might go somewhere within the next year or two. All we've got is Al Davis and Norv Turner, no way we're going anywheres anytime soon.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed, you seem to come up with all kinds of interesting pics. Keep it up and thanks.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Are you SURE that's a miss? It could be a nuetering...
s

Posts: 1805 | Location: American Athens, Greece | Registered: 24 November 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
the third pic should be entitled

" WTF < !--color--> "

Posts: 38510 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote