Find
Notify
Tools

Can you believe this stupidity
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Jaco Human
posted
Can you believe that the owners of the Lion said, we did not think it will turn out this way.

You just do not stroke a Lion, even if it is so called tame. As far as I am concerned you do not get a tame wild animal.

Bitten by Lion

Life is how you spend the time between hunting trips.

Through Responsible Sustainable hunting we serve Conservation.
Outfitter permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/73984
PH permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/81197
Jaco Human
SA Hunting Experience

jacohu@mweb.co.za
www.sahuntexp.com

Posts: 1250 | Location: Centurion and Limpopo RSA | Registered: 02 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted Hide Post
What a fool. How did her ring get caught on its claw? And what would be the worst possible thing you could do in that situation..... Panic and jerk your hand away. She is very lucky.

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
She won't fool around with a 'tame' lion again. Next time she will keep her hands where they belong.

Wimpie

Africa is the place to be.

Posts: 166 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 14 September 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I don't know ahy all this fuss is about.

People are bitten every day by one animal or another. This only made the news because it was a lion.

Any time you play around with any animal, regadless of whether it is tame or not, you should be careful.

And if something happens, you just have to chalk it up to experience.

We have cheetahs, crococodiles, snakes, gazelles, ostriches, iguanas and God knows what else.

I have been damaged to some extent by all of them, luckily, never seriously.

If one does not want to get hurt by animals, stay far away from them.

They had a lioness give birth to just one baby years ago here in Dubai. The lioness rejected the baby, so the curator of the zoo kept the little baby in his house. I went there every day and played with the little lioness, which we named MONA. This went on for several months, and almost every day I get a few scratches from it.

Then I left the country for a while. On coming back home, I asked about Mona. Apparently it became too big to keep in the house, so they had her in her own room outside.

Apparently the only one who went in to see her in teh room was the curator himself.

I asked if she would recognize me. And the answer I got was "may be, may be not".

Well, I thought I will try my luck. It was in the evening. I went in and closed teh door behind me.

Mona took one look at me and started walking backwards. She hit the back wall, and then launched herself at me. I stood still with the wall behind me, when she got to me, she put both her paws on my shoulders, and started licking my face!!

The curator of teh zoo used to let his lions out one day a week when the zoo was closed.

He had one big male who did not like to go back into his cage. I remember he used to whack the lion hard on his head. The lion would growl and shake his head, but would always walk back to his cage.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68679 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Saeed, I now know that you have nerves of steel after reading your story about getting re-acquainted with the lioness. By the way, I have also stroked a lion's mane as well---after I had shot him dead.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed!
You were lucky. Don't tempt fate. You can never, never, ever trust a big cat such as lion. leopard or jaguar. A good friend and PH I knew in zim had a 1 1/2 year old female lion as a pet. It was mainly his wifes pet. She also had a new born baby (The wife, not the lion). I being a wildlife biologist suggested that he was takeing an awful risk to his family and himself with that cat. He took my advice and gace it to a friend who had a large farm. At a weekend barbeque with a host of guests the lioness rushed out from some bushes and severly mauled one of the children.

If something would happen to you a large number of safari people will have to look for new jobs. animal

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote