THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Re: What Walter Saw From His Bathroom!

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: What Walter Saw From His Bathroom!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted
The elephant definitly has a startled look. It must have heard something coming from the bathroom.

Posts: 19551 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm shocked!!That poor elephant is scared for life.....

one of us
posted Hide Post
Elephants have such a good sense of smell. Walter must have done something to offend the Elephant.
JCN

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
Saeed,
Thanks for the info on the cameras. Am getting a digital to take up to Canada on a caribou hunt. Departing in two weeks.
Max

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Ladies and Gentlemen,

The first day we arrived, Walter was having a siessta in his tent, when he heard some noise coming from behind his tent.

He thought it was one of us trying to play some tricks on him, so he took his camera, and sneaked into the bathroom, and peered over the top of the grass fence to see this.

As the elephant got closer, he ran back into his tent, and out of the front door!

He watched as the elephant came right to the back of his tent, and was inspecting the bathroom with his trunk.

Posts: 68697 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dSmith.45
posted Hide Post
the bathroom is a good place to see that sort of thing as it would have scared the crap out me

Posts: 359 | Location: 33N36'47", 96W24'48" | Registered: 01 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A few days later this tembo shows up again, and I am taking a nap in my tent when the camp boy comes running in yelling "Bwana, Tembo, Tembo", so I get up and step out to see what all the fuss is about and I'm looking this bad boy in the eye so to speak, I jump back in and grab my rifle and make a light footed retreat towards the lodge..The elephant inspects two tents, mine being one of them and makes a couple of false charges after following me a ways, and gets closer each time then stops and backs up a shakes his head, he is getting braver each time, on the third false charge I pop a cap over his head at rather close range and he jets out of the camp and the next time anyone sees this guy he is 50 miles from camp, going North towards Dar es Salaam, never to return..Actually he could wear a ear ring now!

Posts: 42158 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote