Notify
Tools

More buffalo hunt footage
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of PeterV
posted
Hi Folks,

We have just added a second bit of awesome buffalo charge footage on our portal – this version is every bit as impressive as the first – shows a real close call while following up a hard hit bull in thick mopani bush.

To view choose “safari footage†from the right lower menu options at http://www.africanhuntersguild.com once there, select the 2nd buff footage option

Trust that our forum members here will find it interesting.

Peter V
www.africanhuntersguild.com
southern Africa

Posts: 90 | Location: southern Africa | Registered: 08 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jbderunz
posted Hide Post
Wonderful!
thumb

Thank You very much Pete.

J B de Runz
Be careful when blindly following the masses ... generally the "m" is silent

Posts: 1727 | Location: France, Alsace, Saverne | Registered: 24 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
I was only able to get the first video to play. The others Just said Ready but will not play?

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wasn't able to get it to work either. Can someone post it over here on the AR site?

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3517 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's great.

I was able to watch all of the videos .....only got audio on the first one though.

Posts: 234 | Location: Northern Ontario | Registered: 25 March 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Just terrific, Peter! Thanks!

Posts: 11017 | Registered: 14 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hamdeni
posted Hide Post
Man that was scary now i know why one should use bigger calibers.

Hamdeni

Posts: 1846 | Location: uae | Registered: 30 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Seq
posted Hide Post
Interesting, (Of course, I find any African Hunting video interesting) but to be perfectly honest, they could be better.
I understand that there are a lot of difficulties to overcome filming a hunt - it simply can't be staged for one, still, there is a lot more you could do - even with these short "Trailers". Two cameras would be a start. Larger format. A short set-up or introduction. Sound: Voice-over-music-over-live/audio-over-video. Much more. Expensive and time consuming, but the AHG would benefit greatly from high quality videos.

PS: I emailed you about the app.

S.

one of us
Picture of hikerbum
posted Hide Post
Nope
I have tried several times. only the first one works for me.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Posts: 2602 | Location: Western New York | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hmmm, back to the range for some more shooting practice, practicing reloads with the rifle at the shoulder, and fast-shooting sequences.

Though I didn't win the buff hunt, you never know when I find the pot at the end of the rainbow, and I find myself in the thick stuff poking for boogers up the nose of a buff with the end of my rifle. Frowner

Frans

Posts: 1717 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DanEP
posted Hide Post
One thing I liked about the first video is that you could watch the clock (6 shots in 15 secs), with no discernable scene cuts. This one showed multiple cuts, so I couldn't really see how many shots in how much time.

But then -- how often is that the point? It is very exciting stuff, and, as you say, it makes the point of how close the charging bull can actually come.

Dan

One of Us
Picture of prairiewolf
posted Hide Post
Cant get any of them to work

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Posts: 144 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 28 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Peter V

The first clip plays but the other 3 do not.

Any suggestions?

Ron L

Posts: 276 | Location: hendersonville, nc 28739 | Registered: 18 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PeterV
posted Hide Post
Feedback from a bunch of folk is that they can view some of the footage and weirdly enough not the others - our "techies" feedback is this is dependent on bandwith, internet browser version and the codecs on the respective individuals PC's? Strange thing is that folk can either see the 1st clip and not the others or the other way round ... yet all have been compiled using same technology

Given the many many different versions out there it is going to be a challenge to find a common denominator; we will attempt to fix this ASAP so that all can share in this great footage.

Please bear with us and I'll post here again once we have made changes.

Peter V
www.africanhuntersguild.com
southern Africa

Posts: 90 | Location: southern Africa | Registered: 08 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 475/480
posted Hide Post
I got # 1 an # 3 to play on My computer with XP Professional but nothing on my XP Home Edition computer.

Sean

Posts: 562 | Location: Houston Tx | Registered: 23 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
They all play for me and I have a crap connection.

The window that opens needs to be resized. It hides all the controls.

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They play for me and #2 is an awesome clip. Shows that dangerous game hunting can get real real fast. I'd say that good videography was was way down at the bottom on the list of "must do" in that situation.

Posts: 499 | Location: San Antonio , Texas USA | Registered: 01 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
Good clips. thumb

the ones that would play for me Confused

"America's Meat - - - SPAM"

As always, Good Hunting!!!

Widowmaker416

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hhmag
posted Hide Post
On a 300k LAN and I only get the first one.

Hair, not Air!
Rob Martin

Posts: 395 | Location: Florida's Fabulous East Coast | Registered: 26 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nevster
posted Hide Post
I have a 1.5mb connection and am using firefox instead of IE, i cant view the video.

Posts: 168 | Location: London,UK | Registered: 10 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mix3006
posted Hide Post
I can't see it.
Please no more comments till I can watch it!! bawling

Posts: 191 | Location: Wollongong NSW Australia | Registered: 25 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hhmag
posted Hide Post
Can anyone post direct links for us?

Hair, not Air!
Rob Martin

Posts: 395 | Location: Florida's Fabulous East Coast | Registered: 26 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Don_G
posted Hide Post
I. too, cannot get the second buff charge to work.

The first one is stirring!

Don_G

...from Texas, by way of Mason, Ohio and Aurora, Colorado!

Posts: 1645 | Location: Elizabeth, Colorado | Registered: 13 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
Wonderful clips !!!

Cool

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
PeterV,

I still can't view "close call...", nor the elephant clips.

From what I see above there were others with the same problem.

Did anyone find a way to view these?

Thanks

Minkman

Posts: 659 | Location: "The Muck", NJ | Registered: 10 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cunningham
posted Hide Post
Peter V,
Not able to view either!
Please post a direct link. Copy the address bar and paste it in your response.

We would all love to see some good footage.

Global Sportsmen Outfitters, LLC
Bob Cunningham
404-802-2500

Posts: 580 | Location: I am neither for you or against you. I am completely the opposite. | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted Hide Post
They all work for me great footage thanks.

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

Posts: 1624 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 04 June 2005Reply With Quote