THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Opportunities for hippo on land in Mozambique?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Opportunities for hippo on land in Mozambique?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
What are the chances of hunting hippo on land in Mozambique? Good? Some? Little? None? If there were good possibilities, which operator / area would you recommend? Thank you.

Posts: 1077 | Location: NT, Australia | Registered: 10 February 2011Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
No idea about Mozambique.

But, you can shoot them on land on many concessions in the Selous.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68679 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Coutada 11 & 12 with Mark and Glen Haldane. Zambezi Delta Safaris/Game Hunters Africa.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BenKK:
What are the chances of hunting hippo on land in Mozambique? Good? Some? Little? None? If there were good possibilities, which operator / area would you recommend? Thank you.

BenKK

No Hippo hunting in Mozambique this year because no hippo quota issued by the government for all of Mozambique for 2014! Maybe possible in 2015 all the coutadas 10, 11, and 14 in the delta plus some of the operators on caborra bassa in tete would be your best bet

Hope that helps

Posts: 395 | Location: Mozambique | Registered: 08 June 2004Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LionHunter:
Coutada 11 & 12 with Mark and Glen Haldane. Zambezi Delta Safaris/Game Hunters Africa.

Yes, and probably in the dark / early light too!

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

Administrator
posted Hide Post
In the Selous, in several concessions, we have come across many hippos on land during the day.

Sometimes surprising them at 5 yards in thickets.

All they seem to do is run away, although I am sure a cantankerous one might charge.

But, unless you are out to prove how brave you are - and with a rifle in your hand that point is negated anyway - especially a .600 NE rotflmo.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68679 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bravery? Doubt it. I have to keep trying to be brave in life's tough situations. When I go hunting, it's simply for fun and adventure, and making memories. Just like I enjoy stalking buffalo as close as I can, for the sheer fun of it, I reckon I'd like to try similar on a hippo. No bravery involved whatsoever. Just looking for a particular adventure and memory.

Posts: 1077 | Location: NT, Australia | Registered: 10 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
The "Land Hippo" opportunities around Kariba seem to be plentiful. I know it isn't Moz, but thought I would throw that in!

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
I've found some on land hippo within the Jesse in Martin Pieters area in Zimbabwe on a couple Safaris. Again, not Moz but would be an interesting hunt early season within Tigerbay Jesse or similar with your 470NE. That along with a Tuskless...... Wink

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
No matter where in Africa they are, hippo have to come ashore to feed and they pretty much always do most of their feeding at night so it shouldn't be too difficult to find a shooter on land as comes to/from the feeding grounds.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, fellows. Appreciate all the information. Always filing it away in my head for when the time comes. Kind regards, Ben