New Site African Hunting
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I received this e-mail.........

NEW SITE

http://www.africanhuntinginfo.com

Welcome to africanhuntinginfo.com
As a subscriber to either African Sporting Gazette, Hunting in South Africa, African Hunting Guide and African Indaba we have taken the liberty to pre-register you on our new African hunting portal.

Africa is home to the largest (elephant), tallest (giraffe), fastest (cheetah), most challenging and beautiful game that there is to hunt anyway in the world. Whether you are hunting the smallest of antelope, or the famous ‘Big Five,’ the dark continent has long been the dream destination for hunters over the decades.

We offer hunters a wealth of information, regular news, service provider directories, polls, country information, forums, articles and much more. We would also encourage your participation by posting comments on news stories, submitting interesting hunting stories or sharing your hunting experience with our community by submitting your hunting photographs.

Should you wish not to receive further regular emails on African hunting news please click here to unsubscribe

Win a hunt in South Africa for 2 Hunters

Value US$ 6100.00
Only 300 tickets available for US$ 60.00 / ZAR 400.00 each
Hunt Includes:
5 days accommodation
2 Gemsbok 2 Impala 2 Warthog
Brought to you by

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9409 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Be careful what you all decide is another African Hunting forum or site. This one contains articles taken from the "Notice Board" of the San Wildlife Rehabilitation Center and Sanctuary. Many if not all of those articles are anti-hunting and animal rights motivated. Many of them contain downright lies and untruths. Unless you check it out thoroughly you would think that you are into a pro-hunting forum. Not with the crap that they are posting from the San Wildlife site, which is definitely not pro-hunting, but just the opposite. Choose for yourselves, but IMO this is not a site to flock to, or even be involved with.

one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
Be careful what you all decide is another African Hunting forum or site. This one contains articles taken from the "Notice Board" of the San Wildlife Rehabilitation Center and Sanctuary. Many if not all of those articles are anti-hunting and animal rights motivated. Many of them contain downright lies and untruths. Unless you check it out thoroughly you would think that you are into a pro-hunting forum. Not with the crap that they are posting from the San Wildlife site, which is definitely not pro-hunting, but just the opposite. Choose for yourselves, but IMO this is not a site to flock to, or even be involved with.

Not to defend anyone or be tooo critical BUT to generalise can sometimes be hit and miss ///

I dont (on quick overview) see any adverse information per se on that ( African Hunting Website ) that is anti hunting .

Also the San Wild site has a specific purpose from the little I know about it, to care for injured wild animals, I dont believe that they are a threat to hunting or in any way covertly involved in the African Hunting site.

I personally dont have a problem (at the moment) on my initial observations, but YES I AGREE we ALWAYS need to look carefully as you point out and evaluate content, as we should do with all websites.

We also need to be careful as hunting and conservation are (definately intertwined) and if both are managed properly is can be benificial to hunters. SCI's main promo motto is that hunting is conservation or words to that effect, we can of cource all interprite it differently I guess

Peter

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Your'e right Peter. However, I guess I was having a hard time with the article about Animal Welfare Groups pressing for new laws on hunting, etc. And I am not certain about Elise Tempelhoff who has been known in the past to have written other articles that are not conducive or true to the facts on hunting or hunting incidents. Be that said, I don't think that I personally will make many more visits to the site.

one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
Use Enough Gun:

I had another look at that link under ( recent news) and my personl read on it is /

that the information is posted to keep us all aware and informed of what is happing in the SA hunting industry in general, in fact I think it is more helpful for us to know about it that not too as otherwise these things creep up on us and then it is too late.

Dont get me wrong, I dont for one moment say I agree with anthying being said, just we need to be aware of what the other (non hunting groups) are up to and the methods and approaches they are using.

I dont always like to shoot the messenger so to speak, as I see it, that actual hunting site is only the messenger not a promo for these groups !!!

Peter

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Seq
posted Hide Post
Looks to me like http://www.africanhuntinginfo.com is actually the new website for the African Sporting Gazette. In fact, if you put http://www.africansportinggazette.co.za in your browser, you will be redirected to http://www.africanhuntinginfo.com

S.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I think it's a decent looking site. Hopefully it will succeed. It desperately needs hunting reports. True living in Africa moderators might be very helpful.

Robert Johnson

Posts: 599 | Location: Soldotna Alaska | Registered: 05 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I found the info on hunting in tanzania pretty accurate and different than most i have read before.

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3034 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote